Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical facet joint problems, need feeback~~~

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all,
I havn't been around in awhile. I apologize for that. When I was on I usually posted under back/neck surgery.
My question is for people that have had facet joint issues in the cervical area.
I have constant horrible heacheaches 24/7. They range in pain from 5-10. I also have alot of dizziness, which is starting to drive me batty. I get dizzy just sitting down.
How many of you have had this combinaton???
I ended up in the ER Wednesday due to this. As soon as the IV meds wore off the headache came back, but the dizziness stayed through out my stay..
I am scheduled for a cervical facet joint injection on June 26th hopeing it will help.
I am pretty confident in this new PM dr, as he did a 'WOW' exam on me. A exam like I have never had before.
He also found a spot in my lower back at L3 just above my fusion which he thinks is still causing the constant pressure/burning 8 months post op of revision fusion surgery of L4-S1.
Any feedback of the same experience with severe headaches along with constant dizziness is appreciated.

Take care

• Did they give you any indication as to what they feel is causing the dizziness? Can you describe it? Is it positional? Constant? Occasional? Nauseating? Does it quit once you remain still?

Bummer about the headaches. I have lived too long with them and can say I wouldn't wish them on anyone. What type of headaches do you experience? Dull, achy, sharp, burning, gripping, throbbing?

Glad you have a doc helping you out that you trust. Makes a world of difference.

• Hi Terri
    I just got back from the PM doc,went there for the same symptons you're having....I too will be having cervical facet injections...I also found out I have carpel tunnel in my hands.Lovely...just lovely,but it explains alot of what's been going on.I am hoping for some relief too.I don't know exactly what to expect.My dr said they should help with my headaches,hope yours do the same.As far as dizziness,if I move too fast when I have a headache I get dizzy.I have C1-2 C2-3 bulging and C5-C6,C6-C7 already fused.According to the doc that explains my headaches and all the other stuff. I looked at a dermatome chart and saw exactly what he was talking about. My injections aren't scheduled yet(I thought I was getting them today) so let me know how they do for you please. My doc did give me some Soma today,maybe I can sleep tonight!
    Take care Terri Sagehen
  • The dizziness comes on at any time. Does not matter what I am doing, What position I am in etc. I can be sitting up at the side of the bed go to get up and BAM. I cannot push my head back (into anything) as in a pillow, couch anything. I cannot bend my neck to look in a drawer. Sit on the toliet whew that is a ride!!!! The one main doc followed me out while getting into the car and said the facet joint can cause all of this, but I am only finding headaches in articles... I basically feel pretty crappy. I'm kinda stuck in my own body right now w/ no relief....

The headaches have calmed down some. They are a allover headache. Throbbing and dull. Sharp depending on how bad it gets. Hard to pinpoint one exact point. I had them on and off for awhle, but just dealt. Then on moms day I turned my neck and BAM sharp pain up the right side of neck and it stayed for 3 days... I really need another cervical MRI , last one was in 2005.

My primary was oh so nice enough to call in for 2 lortab a day. Oh SO NICE OF HIM. I'm up half the night as the lower back pressure/burning wakes me up.

"Terri" I did respond to your other post. We thought the injections would be done so much sooner to. Cervical is June 26th. Lumbar July 13th. I think I am going to switch them as its my back now thats the worst. He best be right on this diagnosis! If he is I will be in HEAVEN!!!

Its not a fun injection I won't lie to you on that one. My PM offered a jab in the arm with a relaxant. But I have been on valium and soma for years so I doubt I will feel much relaxation. They are over with in like 45seconds to a minute depending on the Dr. I tend to go with the drs that do them all the time. Its second nature to them. Its alot of pressure you will feel. The only pain is the intial numbing shot. Then like a elephant on you.... I went numb with my SI joint injection for 24 hrs. This happens to very few...
    I wish you the best of luck on yours... Get them scheduled!!!!! Mine were scheduled on May 21st. So thats how long of wait, so he must be good!! LoL
  • Im going for the facet injections june 16