Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new pains has anyone had this happen

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Ok I am 11 months post op L5-S1 plif level one fusion.
I started getting pain again really bad about a month ago. I am on no pain meds. Due to the fact my doc will not call anything in till I see him. I do go on wen. I hope (jury selection that day #o )
:''( Besides the pain. I am gtting sharp pains in the top of my but/hip areas on both sides. Like someone is stabbing me with a knife. The pains will go up the back and down the legs. I also get like a cramp felling in the calf of my left leg. I also am getting realy bad tremors in my hands and arms to. Don't know if they are related to the back problems.
So has anyone else had or has this problem and what might it be? ~X( ~X( ~X(

• Call your surgeon, tell him you have new symptoms & need to move up your appt. Are you currently in PT? Have you had any SI injections since this new pain started. Its sound like it might be more sacro-iliac issues (very common after L5-S1 fusions), nip it in the bud with an SI injection specific for that, or other muscle issues (piriformis syndrome). Zoloft can cause tremors rarely, I had issues with tremors on certain muscle relaxers. Hang in there!