Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what is normal for urination?

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:))( I have to laugh at this one,ok how much is a normal amount to go to the bathroom in a hour or a day? since my mid back has been hurting i probably go to the bathroom six or seven times a hour.i have one small kidney and half always gone to the washroom more then most people but this seems extreme even for me.Since my ribs have been bothering me i've been going a lot more,but how much is too much?I'm just wondering if my bladder has gone into spasm along with my muscles. i had this problem before my neck surgery too,but once i had the surgery it got better.After the accident it started to act up again.I'm just wondering if my bladder has gone into spasm along with my muscles.anyone have any thoughts? :SS

• Hi tammy,
    it's a tough subject to talk about and god bless you for having the guts to bring it up. Youre in good company with all of us spineys. I too got relief from the frequent accidents after surgery. i'm so sorry your car accident triggered it again. It sure sounds like much too much urination. when mine was bad it was about 4 times per hour. i'd give your primary care dr. a buzz real quick. best of luck and keep us posted
  • Hi Tammyc,

I just got over a UTI and one of the first symptoms I noticed, was the frequent urination... just as you described.

I would suggest calling your doctor as soon as possible and let them know of your frequent urination.

This may be nothing at all... but I would definitely call your doctor.

Take good care...

• I plan on going to the clinic tomorrow morning to get checked out,i doubt they'll find anything.Like i said i had the same problem before my fusion and they couldn't figure out what was causing it,hopefully it will calm down soon.I'm getting tired of running to the washroom.My physical therapist asked me this afternoon how things were going since i was there the last week and i chickened out and didn't tell him about my problem,i know once i do he's going to have concerns about working on my spine.i know that he should really know whats going on with me but i'm just worried he's going to over react and blow this out of proportion.so tomorrow i'm just going to go get checked out and then if there is something wrong i'll let him know when i go in the next time.
  • It's really not funny :/ I have the opposite problem. I have lots of problems with my lower back, and I have trouble going. Even when my bladder feels really full, the stream won't start, without me straining, (similar to labor, if you know what I mean). If I stop straining, so does the stream. If I strain again, starts up again. 3-4 times, and then I quit, but I never feel like my bladder is empty. So far I've put off going to a neuro-urologist, as it would be a 300 mile round trip. Problems with the other function too, 3-4 days inbetween, then 2-3 times for a day, then skip days again. I suppose it's all the back trouble I have (my MRI reports are at bottom). Please post what the clinic says, I would be very interested in their opinion. Hope you get some relief from the pain of the accident soo.

Take care,
  • I'm with you on the frequency issue. My problem happens mainly at night. ~X( I stop drinking liquids an hour sometimes more before I go to bed, yet I get up 5 or more times a night. Sometimes I don't even get back to sleep before I think I have to go again. And then I CAN'T fall asleep... Sometimes I have the feeling it's toying with me... =))
  • well they looked at my urine sample and said it looked suspicious for an infection,i told them that i had many bladder infections before so he put me on some antibiotics and gave me something to help with the pressure.hopefully they help this time. i was on three rounds of antibiotics the last time and none of them helped.They sent me to a urologist,he did his tests and said he didn't know what was wrong. He knew about my neck issues and thought it could be that,but the operation is done and i haven't had a problem til now and i've had alot of manipulation on my spine lately so i'm hoping its not that thoracic disc causing this. I'm the same way up so many times through the night i just get back to bed and have to get up again,its a big pain in the butt.
  • Dear Tammy,

So glad you were able to get into the clinic today.

Those UTI, bladder and kidney infections are miserable. I've had my fair share and I know they can sometimes require a couple of rounds of antibiotics. Fingers-crossed, this first round will do the trick for you.

The other pills they gave you for the pressure, should help calm the spasms and urgency.

Take it real easy and pump the fluids. I'm sure you know about cranberry juice being beneficial, too.

Best wishes for a better night sleep tonight.

Hope you recover real soon.

Tammy >:D<