Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery is over

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Came home from hospital yesterday.corpectomy at c5-6, fusion at levels 4,5,6 and 7. Cage and plate (the works)stemcells were used inside cage. Removal of broken plate and screws. Surgeon stated one screw was actually shattered and he had never seen anything like it. It extended the surgery by 2 hours because because thats how long it took to get all the shattered pieces removed from my spine. Anyone ever heard of this happening? All in all Im feeling pretty crappy right now, alot of pain in shoulders and back of neck. This is my fourth cervical surgery and it is the hardest one yet. I know that one day at a time things will get better. Rest and medication are my best friends right now.lol I would like to thank everyone on this site for answering so many of my questions and putting my mind to ease on some matters. This site is a god send to me and i have recommended to a few of my spiney friends. Its nice to know we are not alone. I wish for everyone a pain free and happy day today

• I am so happy to hear you are home from surgery. I wish you the very best recovery possible. Keep up with your pain meds so that the pain doesn't get bad (I'm sure you already know this, lol).

Hope to see you back in the chat room soon.

• Hi Susan,

Well the hard part is over as far as the anticipation. Now just work on getting some much needed rest I am sure. From another multiple surgery person, I know your body needs it. Although I have never had a shattered screw, thank god. I'm sure you know the drill by now and your a old hat at it. So walk, walk, walk and keep up on the meds and before you know it you will be feeling better. Just measure your success by the week not the day. As recovery can be a roller coaster ride, that I am sure you are used of. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.