Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the club

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in New Member Introductions

I have been an epileptic since age two. In 1996 my epilepsy took a new path. Instead of having daytime seizures, I began only having seizures in my sleep. So, now I only have to worry about noturnal seizures which I camcord in order to keep a video diary and count of my seizures. Plus, I have athritis in my neck. I also believe the athritis is in my spine due to the fact it has hit my fingers. Hey, if you wake with your spine hurting something must be wrong. I am now having a problem in the lower back, espicially the left area. The problem is at times it hurts to stand and I certainly cannot lean. Plus I canoot leave out muscle spasms in my back. I also want folks to know I look at life this way, I look to my left, I look to my right, there is always someone in worse condition than me. Have sympathy for them not me.

• hi...my name is pete. i too have a bad back. you have had a battle with seizures and arthritis and now a bad back. the back situation may not be serious but you need to see a doctor. i dont think its serious enough to go to a spinal surgeon at this time. but i would see your primary care physician. he can check your reflexes and muscles. i hope its nothing more than a pulled muscle. it might also be arthritis in the facet joints of the spine which is a little more serious
    best of luck...pete
  • Hello Bubba! I can't help but have sympathy for anyone struggling with anything in their lives. But I also have a great deal of respect for those suffering with problems compounded by other problems, compounded my other.... you get the idea.

That said, I do agree with Pete, you need to see a doctor about this. I don't know much about seizures but it certainly can't be good for your back, and if you are in pain, you need to make sure there is nothing serious that needs to be attended to.

I look forward to hearing more from you! Take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing!

• hi bubba and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. have a look around and make yourself at home.. :D good luck as you search for pain relief! =D> Jenny :)
  • hi my name is dave .i had a plif done at the epworth hospital 18 months ago. was told by surgeon at 6months no sign of bone graft taking but at 12 months there was and now at 18 months there is no sign still have all leg pain worse now is there anything i can do two help.with bone graft surgeon wants two wait another 6 months then if no sign of bone graft taking he wants two go in again iam 38 male it was L5 s1 can any plz help thank dave.have just had ct scan done but no sign of bone graft taking
  • Wise words indeed, that is the attitude that will help in the longer term, although my son has had fits the question of if it is epilepsy is still under investigation, however others are you are entitled to be recognised for the condition that you have and help and support if possible, pain is never easy and non more so when you have another additional ongoing condition.

A club is what it is, we are safe here and can be who we want to be without fear of others making hasty opinions as to what it may be like and how difficult it is, many here are in pain and we are all trying to help others s as and when required.

In comparing it you manage it more effectively and although it may well be the predominant feature of your existence it should not stop you having realistic expectations of what you should be doing and how you are going to do it.

We all have an increasing list of this we will never be able to do again, and acceptance of that takes time understanding patience. Keep those blinker’s on and looking forward, see your next opportunity, we all continue to have understandable failures and that is part of the learning process and you will get nearer your goal as time and experience increases, be kind to yourself and take care.

• I am lying here awake, been awake 2 1/2 hours this
    morning. Pain medication wore off as usual.
    They are supposed to last 8 hrs now only 4 to 6 hrs. I have a scs have two setting one for feet other for
    feet and back. I play with it till it helps pain
    doesn't stop though. Only person I have that
    understand what I go through is my wife and pm docs.
    The pain in feet is a 7 now running my scs high. I
    just can not seam to get medication right.