Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Needing some opinions Please! Sticky topic

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Pain Management
I am 27 and was recently diagnosed with DDD. I have multiple other health problems on top of this. I am being refered to a neuro surgen. The last thing I want to have done is surgery. I am worried about being refered to pain mangt. The reason is I sometimes use marijuana for pain. Works the best for me out of my options. Do I tell the truth about it or what? I know that all doctors are different, but this is a stickt topic. Do I waite to see if they will drug test me? I am worried that if i tell them, then they will think that I am drug seeking. What should I do?

• i think u have been very honest in telling everyone here that u take it occasionally, many may not like the truth but if u feel it helps then its ur choice to take it, only u know how it makes u feel. it sounds as though u use it for pain relief and not to get hi.
    i would be honest with doc, if they found the right meds for u then u wouldn't need to turn to it at times of bad pain.
    best wishes
  • Is normally the best policy. If you start a relationship based on lies or half truths, then you won't get the help you are there for.
  • Many people would do anything to ease that pain and you will not be the first or last to use this strategy, as said I would be honest, my professor told me I would not get better and that took some guts to look someone in the eye, face to face and tell them what they do not want to hear, so be truthful to yourself if that strategy has not worked and you could ask and negotiate a more informed strategy.

• I HIGHLY recommend you tell them the truth. If your PM does test you (high probability) and you show positive without telling him/her, you can pretty much count on losing your PM doctor.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2