Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling horrible,depressed,scared-ACDF MRSA

sinatrafan44ssinatrafan44 Posts: 64
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Depression and Coping
I really need someone to talk to...I was diagnosed with MRSA four days ago and it has been 3-4 weeks after my ACDF surgery...I just don't feel like I can cope with this MRSA thing...I keep imagining the worst that can happen and everything i read scares the sh%$ out of me..I can't sleep..I want to obsessively clean but I don't have the strength...My husband has wiped down everything but I am so fearful that I will pass it on to a family member..Right now the incision is healing with the antibiotics, but has it invaded the ACDF area, or my bloodstream...I can't sleep and I feel so out of control..Did I get it in the hospital, or did I have it before..I feel like a leper...I am scheduled to go back to work in 2 weeks..I'm not sure if I can..my anxiety, stress and depression is becoming debilitating..I am on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds but I just have a hard time accepting this..Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers..Amy

• I'm sorry that you are feeling this way and going through this.Please know that my prayers are with you.
    I'm very tired or I would say more,but my thoughts and prayers are very real,and surely being sent to you.
  • I'm so sorry you are in such distress. MRSA can conjure up all sorts of horrible worries. My son acquired it from a gym. I just want to assure you that the rest of us did not get it. Please research MRSA by googling it. There are ways to help prevent the spread of it at home such as using separate towels and washing your clothing separately, etc.

Best wishes to you...and I'm sending you some prayers............

• :H So sorry you are having to deal with MRSA after just having had surgery. Sounds like you are overwhelmed which you have every right to be right now. I can share with you that I know several people who contracted MRSA from the hospital after having had surgery. Everything turned out fine after treatment with antibiotics and no other family members were infected.

Take it one day at a time and reach out to a family member or friend that can give you some positive support. You will heal both physically and emotionally and be back to your old self -- the hardest thing to do for us women is give it time because you have this "to do" list playing in your head.

Take care,

• thanks everyone for your supportive and kind comments..one day at a time...Amy