Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 week post-op visit

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Went for my post-op visit today and to check out the movement I felt in my neck. To my relief x-ray showed everything was where it should be. Now for what bothers me. The surgeon will allow me to return to work for 20 hrs. per week which I agree with but what I do not agree with is I am only allowed to work 20 hrs. per week for 6 months! Work is going to extend my fmla for another 12 weeks so I will still be elig. for benefits,but after that I will lose them. All my docs would stand behind me if I file for disability but from what I have read on the S.S. web site you cannot still be working and make over 980.00 a month and qualify. Does anyone know anything about this?

• There is a topic category for Health insurance issues down near the bottom of the main Forum page that includes SSDI. You might want to ask your questions there if you do not get a response here.

I would think you could call your local Social Security office and ask them your question.