Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm a Newbie and need advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Kathy, I am new here, but not to Chronic Pain. Seems like I have been living in constant pain since I was a teenager, and lets just say that has been a good long while lol.

I am currently taking multiple meds for various illnesses, for pain I am taking Celebrex 200 mg 2 times a day, Percocet 7.5/500 4 times a day, Zanaflex 8 mg 2 times a day. And now my doctor suggest that I start using Duragisic patch 12.5 mcg. Does anyone here use these patches and do they work?

I have heard some horror stories about becoming addicted to them, and that they don't work for the full 72 hours. Also are the side effects really bad? The reason I ask is that to even take my Percocets I must break them in half and take anti-nausea meds and take them every 3 hours, doesn't stop the pain but at least eases it so I can manage moving about the house.

Any info would be great. Thanks to all.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. several "spineys" use the patch and i hope they stop by. :? many of us use long acting meds and lead as normal a life as possible. =D> i deal with nausea daily as you do but it seems to be my Lyrica. :O good luck as you deal with your pain problems. Jenny :)