Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Reasons for Sciatica

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
This is a new problem for me. I have had lower right pain in my back for some time but for the last month a pain in my right buttocks has been getting worse. It especially hurts in AM, at night and going down steps.

I am currently trying to figure out what I may be doing to cause this pain. My thoughts:

1) Sitting propped up in bed to watch TV?

2) Going up and down a step stool (leading with Left leg).

3) Compensating for an achilles tendon problem?

ANyone have any input? Been to Chiropractor and he doess not seem to be having any luck with this....

8> 8> Glenny

• Most of the time, this raises it head due to tight hamstrings. For me, I never was much of a walker or exercise person, until after I was hurt years ago. At that time, they just gave you T3's and told you to stay in bed until it stopped hurting. As we all know, that was bad advice.

There is a tie to the hip - that has a bunch of muscles and tendons running by it and this point is where the problem starts. It can be caused my over use, or trying to do too much, or just lifting way too much wieght improperly.

Once you figure out how the problem is triggered, you can be mindful of that and modify your movements to not agrivate it. If you have not figured that out, then it is a learning process and your body has to be your teacher. It requires attentiveness to be aware of what is causing the problem and how not to trip it.

Also - I was told my my PT to stop trying to stretch my hamstring out. Due to the stenosis which runs in the same area, he said that all I was doing was agrivating it at every chance, and since I was already having problems, to learn from my body what I can do and since trying the stretch this CAUSES the pain, stop doing it. I had to go back to my Dr and tell him this, because he is a fit older guy who keeps demading that my hamstrings are as streched out as his. LOL - I have had this for 25 years, there is no way that I will every get them to stretch out, just a little better maybe!

Streching slowly, helps - but slow is the key and don't go to a point where you hurt, just to where you feel a stretch. That has been my motto

Hope your feeling better!