Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion 3 months ago

ron prron p Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am 53yrs. old & 3 months out of S1-L3-L4-L5 fusion with titanium hardware also stayed 5days in hospital. Before the fusion the pain in my right leg was so bad I could not stand it But after the surgery when I woke up the pain in my right leg was greatly reduced & new pain developed in my left leg and now my feet are very tingly and numb will go to the Pain DR.next week hope they find out the deal on that. My DR. that did the surgery told me not to do anything I mean nothing he said that not even PT so I guess time will tell.

• Hi Ron

I'd follow your surgeon's advice and not do anything at the moment. Hope your pain management doctor can help you.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Sorry it is taking some time to heal but everyone and every procedure heals different. I am 3 1/2 weeks postop ALIF & ADR and I have a small bit of nerve pain in my left inner thigh but the pain in my back is already tolerable with only Tylenol.

My Dr told me to ice my back a couple of times a day to keep inflamation to a minimum as that may cause the nerve issue. The nerve pain is much less than a couple of weeks ago. Has you leg pain & numbness changed much during your recovery? Are you walking regularly? All of the Drs instructions are very important to follow...

Good Luck
  • Hi Ron,
    Hope you continue to take it easy, and do what your doctor tells you. I'm so thankful for my laptop and comfortable pillows (and of course medications for spasms).

Keep us updated on your progress!