Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I dunno what the heck it is... but 23 is TOO young for this!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
I wish I could find an option for ALL SORTS OF PAIN! BUT anyway...

I'm really kinda young and I never wanted to start taking meds to help me cope with my pain but, I recently had no choice...
I'm waiting on my insurance to approve me to get an MRI or I will eventually VERY SOON have to pay it out of pocket to get it done...

I have a pain that starts in my neck, kinda between my shoulders and sometimes it goes down my back and other times it goes into my arms and boobs!!

If it goes down my back is usually when my lower back is really bothering me and it feels like it's going into my "cheek" (usually my left one) usually the pain stops there but on some occasions it starts to go down my leg as well...

Can my PCP see me for this? I paid out of pocket to see another doctor who doesn't take my insurance since I couldn't find one that would take it...
It's taking my insurance WAYYYY tooo long to approve me for an MRI TOO! It's been like a month already!

Of course I suck it up for my kids but, I have three lil ones running around a 3yr old boy a 3 yr old girl and a 2 yr old boy!!!
So anyone who has kids knows how that it but, I can't even carry them up the stairs most of the time (we have a three story house). If we get home late or something after they passed out in the car I gotta sit in the car with them as he carrys them up one by one! Sometimes I can't run around with them in the back yard!

Does any one have any suggestions??? Did/does anyone have the same symptoms???

• So sorry to hear you are dealing with all this pain and your insurance company is giving you such a hard time for some reason they dont like to pay for MRI's for young people (well that's how my ins. was but didn't take a month) I am 26 and my pain started 8 mths ago so I really understand what you are going through ..I have 2 kids a girl 6 and a girl 3 so not being able to pick them up and not being able to run @ with them I totally get ya.. Well I have no info that could help with your neck pain as mine is my back.. but I do know you need that MRI that is what is going to be able to get you on the right road..As far as your PCP depending on ins that is usually where you start at then go to an Orth/NS..my PCP kept blowing me off for months so please take a stand for yourself they all think just because we are young that we can't be having that kind of pain...we know our bodies as well as any one else does, I actually had to ask to go to a spine spec.!!!! About pain meds. I hate having to take them too but I also refuse to live in pain everyday too.I wish you lots of luck and if you ever want to chat just send me a message!
  • sorry you are suffering so much. your insurance company may have a list of drs that will take that insurance. a simple xray by your pcp wight give some indication of whats going on. at least it would be a start....pete
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. be patient with yourself and let yourself be helped as much as possible right now.. =D> you don't know what is wrong! soon you will have your MRI, yes, they can take time! once you have your diagnosis, you can move into finding a route to recovery.. :? good luck and keep us informed!! all your sweet children need is your love! :X Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.