Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Short term disability

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Just got news from my std company. They said the doctor released me to return to work i couldnt believe it. Come to find out they faxed the papers to my pm doc instead of the primary. I got new papers and dropped them off for my primary to fill out. Now I dont know what to do my next appt with pain management doc isnt for 2 weeks i dont know whether to send him a letter stating what i have decided to do or just wait until my appt. if i wait they may send them to him again if i drop off a letter that would look like i didnt want to talk to him in person. any suggestions. He is very busy and no way for me to set up for a talk until my appt. any suggestions would be appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• and need primary care dr to fill this out on report.
    i would take the time to explain to your pr. doc theres no way you can return to work and you need his support.
    maybe you could state this in a letter and send a copy to your pm doc. what do you think?

oh by the way are you on either neurontin or lyrica...those drugs have water retention in legs as side effect...are legs still swollen?
  • let your contact at std know the situation, and that your next appt. is no sooner than 2 weeks. So in the mean time you are notifying him of your decision by letter. STD should understand. :)

Caity
  • I did state to them that the pain doc didnt have anything to do with the forms before hand but they sent them anyway. My pain doc doesnt know the whole situation and doesnt do any paperwork for disability so for them to send him papers is just wrong. My primary is the one who filled out the papers and i dropped off new ones today. I have typed a letter to the pain doc but i think i will call tomorrow and see if i cant get in a little early and talk to him about the situation. I do take neurotin i have for a few years now but no swelling from it before. wish me luck

thanks for the advice.