Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Relief at last

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Chronic Pain
Today was my pain management appointment. I explained my situation and he was floored. Not only do i have meds I also have a doctor that listened. He found it unacceptable for my doctor to think that I would have no pain after 6 surgeries. He also thinks there might be more issues with my lower back.
MRI he wants done within the next 3 days. Then I see him again next Friday to go over results and to chart our course of action. I finally feel as if someone is listening to me. He is fully aware that I will do no more surgeries and he supports that.The point is he wants to help make me comfortable and out of pain. Hallelujah!!!!
Everyone have a fun and pain free holiday!!!
Susan
advertisement

Comments

• I bet you're going to feel even better - now you can relax knowing that you have someone that's going to be working with you to help relieve your pain.

Congratulations.
    Cath
  • I am so glad you found someone to listen to you. I have kept up with your posts and my heart just ached for you! Keep us posted on your results~
    May you sleep well tonight!

Shannon~
  • I know it must feel awesome to finally have someone who listens and really wants to be on your side. I know I have a wonderful pcp doctor who listens and helps every step of the way.

I went to pain clinic and was unable to get any relief after a year of treatments. They wanted to do a SCS and that is just something I am not ready to do. At this point I can't handle any more needles and knives in my back.

I am so happy you have someone to listen and work with you, please let us know how it goes. Hope everything works out FANTASTIC for you.
  • Oh - you must feel so relieved (mentally) to have someone finally validate what you've been TRYING to get across for so long!

I'm glad for you! Now you can conquer the beast.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Too late Shannon as soon as I left his office this morning I came home and slept for about 4hrs. My body was wore out. Maybe I will be able to get some things done tonight that I have neglected all week. Does anyone have any suggestions for leg pain? This last week as soon as I lay down both of my legs ache something terrible. I have tried pillows,heat and ice.
    I have always had sciatica on left leg but both have never hurt at the same time until recently. Straker mentioned in a previous post"bone pain" and that is what it feels like. My hips are also aggravated but this is only when I am laying down. Any ideas on what could cause this?
    Susan
    Who knows I may of had this all along and did not know it because I was on meds and when the meds were stopped the pain was there.
  • So happy to hear you finally have someone who will work with you and who validates your pain. As far as the leg pain, I suffer from that "bone" pain as well. All I can do is prop a knee pillow under my legs, soak in the tub and massage my knees, legs and feet.

Best wishes to you Susan,

Marianne
  • Hope you enjoy the holiday weekend.
    Don't over do yourself!
  • That is such great news!!! You will feel better, I'm sure, just knowing that you are getting the help you need finally!!! I agree with Marianne, the same things she mentioned are the only things that really helps with my leg pain as well, along with pain meds. Just try different elevations and positions with pillows under your knees, legs and feet. Hope you have a much needed, fun and relaxing holiday weekend!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • That is GREAT news!! Life will be good again!!
    Isn't it just wonderful to find a Doctor who wants to help and understands. That is like being handed a million bucks.
    Yippeeeeeeeeeee for you.
    Sending a hug coz I like to...
    Patsy W
  • you now have hope. takes a while to get on right track but you never gave up...
  • :D :D <:P <:P

It's amazing what a mental lift it gives you when you actually get to speak with a sympathetic medical professional. Keep us posted next week after you meet with the doc to review your new MRI.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Judy
  • i am glad you found a good pm doc. mine is awesome as well and it really helps both mentally and physically. about the hip pain... do you need a new mattress??? when i got a new mattress.my hip pain was practically gone about 90% of the time. just a thought. good luck!!!
  • That's fantastic that you now have a good doc to help you out.

One thing that many of us overlook in the battle against pain, is hydration. Since it is difficult and painful at times to get up and use the bathroom, many of us will not drink as much water as we need. Also many of us drink caffeinated products and those are vaso-constrictors and diuretics. My NS pointed hydration out to me many moons ago and I found it to have some merit when it comes to how I feel and how quickly and frequent the pain sets in when I go to bed. Our spines are fed by a huge vascular system and can even build up plaque. So think about what plaque can do to a person's circulatory system.

What I'm trying to get at, is that proper hydration and good nutrition, go a long way towards helping reduce pain related to our spine.

"C"
  • I'm sorry your legs are hurting you so much. I know all about that. Do you take any muscle relaxers? They will help some, esp if it's muscles spasms causing part of the pain. Take them if you have it along with your pain meds, and continue using heat on your legs. Get someone to massage them very gently for you. This is soothing to me when I am driven mad with leg pains. Take care sweetie
  • A good doctor can't be beat. Glad you found someone to giveyou some relief, that had to have been horrible!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.