Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone know what this is?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi Everyone,

I was doing some research on back pain and was pleased to find this website. And was wondering if someone might be able to help me.

I have been having this pain under my left shoulder blade for at least 8 years now. It stared when I use to work in a office and I would sit at a computer and type most of the day. It would come and go. I went to the Chiropractor and if never helped. When it first started hurting I went to my family doctor several times and since the pain would come and go they could never find anything. I went about a year without it hurting but it has been flaring up really bad lately. I have noticed that when I use my right arm a lot that's when the pain starts. The only thing this makes it feel better is to get someone to press on it really hard.

The pain is really hard to describe. Its nothing that I would want pain medicine for but its a really annoying burning sensation.

• My pain started the same way in the shoulder blades, i also do office work. The pain had stayed for a long time in just the shoulder blades, but in the last 5mths has now gone into my chest. About 2mths ago i was diagnosed w/a herniated disc at T2-T3 level. I had several other test to rule out anything else heart related, gastro related, or lung related. Nothing else has been found. You may look into having an MRI done on the upper thoracic area of your back.
  • this could very well be a muscular problem. there are skilled deep muscle massage therapists that use very strong pressure to relax the muscles from their unstable condition. i think that you already know that pressure on the muscle helps so carry it a step further and find a therapist....good luck...pete