Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Guess whos back...back again...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Back after getn off here for a while...re uped info, think it will take a while to get on profile...had broken hardwear removed jan8th this last year...in worse pain now than before surgery...eaither of em....have had 2 now...neverending road of pain....if i try to carry anything at all, at a correct upright posture, i loose feelings in both legs slowly from knees down...like they are fainting...messed up..anyways, as i said been a while....hi to everyone i already know. Eren ,Illinois

• Hi Eren :)))

I don't know you from when you were on the forum earlier, but sorry that your fusion failed and that you're still in sooooo much pain. I haven't been in your situation and all I can say is keep working with your pain management doctor and hopefully he/she can do something to help you. Have you looked into the spinal cord stimulator? I have a friend whose surgery failed and she's found good relief with the SCS.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Sounds like you've been/are through the ringer, sorry to hear it. In my personal opinion, you gotta do something about the instability. Have you seen a different doc in another practice? You've probably done that since you've been at this so long, but just had to say it just in case. What answers have you been given about the nerve compression??? Since you said your body reabsorbed the cadaver bone, I'm kind of assuming you had BMP since that is a possible adverse outcome?
  • :H It's good to here from you again. I'm sorry to hear about the hardware complication. What are you planning on doing next? Take care
  • hi and welcome back to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. how nice that you back but what bad circumstances. good luck and i hope you have you some pain relief soon! Jenny! :)
  • So sorry it isnt under better circumstances tho! =( I, too, have spent a bit of time away from SH & much of the internet due to personal issues this year, but I've also returned!

Look out S-H....here comes trouble(s) again! ;o) lol

Seriously, glad you're back-that we're both back! Now we can get back to helping the others here & getting some updated info for ourselves!

Best of luck to you in getting this all figured out. I'll keep you in my prayers for a positive final outcome to all of this surgery crud!
  • I'm so glad to see you back on here. I missed chatting with you. Sorry the hardware removal didn't quite work out for you. I was actually thinking about asking to have this done after I learned you were having it done but may hold off. I also seem to be getting worse as times goes by and it's been 15mos post-op.
  • Good to see you again but sorry that you are experiencing so much pain.