Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fall 7 months postOp

LovinggardenerLLovinggardener Posts: 494
I stepped on a magazine left on the floor by a student in my class and fell. I landed on the right side of my body. First, I didn't feel a lot of pain. Then, the pain started slowly spreading to the old areas such as down the hamstring and the top of the right foot. Today, I felt a pinch in my right buttock.

After a week, I went to see a orthopedic surgeon to get an evaluation. He put me
on Medrol pack. I am hoping that this will calm down the nerve, and I will continue on my journey of recovering.

Anyone had a similar experience and recovered?

• if u r the teacher, fail the student :) good luck, medrol pack should do you good and also ice like crazy
  • I had just come home from my first post-op appointment with my NS and my mom was kind enough to vacuum my apartment for me. Unfortunately, she hadn't put the vacuum away and I tripped on the cord with my weak left foot. It was a very awkward fall and I fell on my left hip. I experienced a spinal headache and notified my surgeon. I ended up in the ER the next morning for some IV steroids and for an MRI to check things out. All was good (thankfully) but he was extra cautious and kept me out of work for an extra two weeks. All in all, I was fine.

I did reherniate two years later. I doubt very much it was related to that fall though!

Hope you're feeling better!