Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

im home

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks well after 5 nights in hospital im finally home and not leaking still very sore after the second op to flush me out still got to take antibiotics for next 5 days and have a nurse change my dressing every day untill next wensday when i go back and have stiches removed, i did have a nice thin line from first op but now i look like a patch work quilt they had to put tension stitches in plus the normal small stiches its propa ugly but least its clean and dry so thanks to all those who wrote to me speak soon tready

• Hi Tready :H

I am THRILLED to hear your back home and WELL!!! :D

Now that this set back has been taken care of - it is time for you to heal and move forward :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Glad to hear you're home at last. Infections these days can be so serious and I'm glad to hear you're recovering from yours. Take care and get well.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • That must've been hard for you to go through another surgery so soon. I'm glad you're on the mend. Time to go forward and start healing. Take care. CHarry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    So glad to hear you are back home and again on the road to recovery!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Bravo for you!!! Infections are nasty for anyone, and what you described, it must have been scary! Glad to see you are on the mend! Take it easy and stay well!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hey Tready, Its good to hear you are home. Take it easy and get better. I had surgery yesterday and am taking extra care to avoid any infection again.

Congrats again and feel better.
  • :D :D :D All smiles to you as you're home -- ah, must feel awesome to be in your own bed!

Lots of hugs coming your way to send you some comfort as you rest up and heal. Glad to hear a nurse is coming by every day to tend to your incision.

How are your pain levels? Docs keeping you on meds that control the pain?

Hope you getting some extra TLC from friends and family --- again rest up and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• thanks folks for your help and suport i couldnt of got through this without my partner she as been my rock through out this hole ordeal looking after our son doing all the house work comming to the hospital running here and there looking after me now im home shes been great,my next goal is to get better then get married in may as we have planned,i will say this appart from my infection the surgery as worked for me i dont get any of the pains i used to get before the op so if you suffer from spondy grade 3+ then get the surgery thats my advice,my infection was just one of those risks that come with op so dont let my story put you of get it done and get your life back speak soon tready
  • a wonderful partner there Tready. She came and let us know you had to go back into the hospital and she was very worried about you, but very solid. You are lucky to have her. Sounds like you're well on your way to recovery and will really enjoy celebrating your wedding in the spring.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.