Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is a rating test consist of?

CMatthewCCMatthew Posts: 49
Hi I have been on WC for a little over a year and a half and am getting nowhere with it. I have had an IME and am currently at a pain clinic for therapy on my leg pain and back pain. The IME stated that once the pain clinic DR says that he is done with his treatment that I should be considered MMI. It also mentioned a rating in the IME. To my knowledge after I am at MMI (supposedly)they send me to get rated or take some test. What does this test consist of and what does it rate. Sorry if it is a dumb question but I'm not fixed in the least and worried that they are about to throw in the towel on me. So if anyone out there has any knowledge about the rating deal or test or whatever it is please let me know! Thank you soo much this site has been a blessing for the past year and 8 months.
advertisement

Comments

• IME is a independent medical evaluation. That is to be performed by a doctor who has nothing to do with your care what so ever. Now the test you are talking about is a functional capacity exam(FCE). It is a test that determines where you are at physically and what you are capable of doing. Some facilities actually record the test as it is being done. As far as what they will have you do depends on what your job entails. They will try to make it like your work setting. The test can be performed over a 4 hour period of two 4 hour periods or one 8hr period depending on how it is ordered. Be sure to tell the examiner any pain you feel during and after the test. You must try and do your best on this test as they will be monitoring your heart rate during all intervals to tell if you are giving maxium effort. I wouldn't take your pain meds the day of the test. Depending on the state you live in will depend if you can pick the examiner or if it is picked for you. There are some older threads in the insurance section that deal specifically with this test and experiences that others have had. Once the test is complete the results are typically sent to your doctor and you will be made MMI and a rating as to your disability will be given at this point and time. Now they may still continue to prescribe meds if the doctors have stated that you will need these in the future. But typically if that is the case work comp will only pay for your meds and no other testing will be done or anything else. Any further treatment you will need to seek out on your own. I hope everything works out for you keep us posted on how you get along. Take care.
  • That is exactly what I was looking for. I had my IME done in August and the pain clinic is getting nowhere with me so I have a feeling that my end is near unfortunately with no resolve. In a way I just want to get back to life without WC over my back all the time. Thank you and I will let you know on any progress.