Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg and Foot Pain PLease Help

brenda01bbrenda01 Posts: 15
Please Help I have had a tethered spinal cord born with it found it when i was 32 had the surgery, and i also have other back issues but the pain goes into my feet each foot but its on the sides and in my ankles also my legs hurt badly i dont understand how it can be in my feet so bad anyone else with some of the same issues?

• I'm sorry you're having the pain in your legs and feet. I take Cymbalta and it seems to help along with the Ms Contin I take. My Primary GP handles my medications but the last Pain Management Dr. I saw recommended it for me. Heat and icing also help at times. Sometimes I wear a TED stocking or elastoplast compression bandage if any swelling. Have you seen another NeuroSurgeon or Neurologist since surgery? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Most likely the pain generator is in the spinal nerve roots in the lower lumbar spine. These nerve roots intertwine below the level of the spinal cord, below about L1-2 and the branching nerve roots from L3, L4, L5 and S1 kind of twist together in the thecal sac and then branch into the sciatic nerve which runs down the back of each leg. It is one of the lumbar spinal nerves that is causing the pain that is referred down into your feet and legs.

You might want to try one of the medications for nerve pain such as neurontin or Lyrica. Some people get relief from nerve pain while taking one of these medications.