Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain is worse!!!

MelWMMelW Posts: 427
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Since I started PT a few weeks ago my pain has gotten much, much worse. I do not know what is going on! I have darn near had to double the amout of pain meds I am taking and it still just takes the edge off of it. Is this normal??? I am about to lose my mind!! I keep thinking things can not get any worse and they seem to be!

• Mel,

Sorry to see that your pain is worse. Can you remind us what you are doing in PT and where & when the pain comes on?

Be sure to tell your therapist and your doctor.

• sometimes those PT people push too hard too soon---my first post fusion pt was a nightmare--I called the dr.and his nurse told me to tell them to back off---if it hurts too much,dont do it!! You are the only one that can tell how it feels-so don't be intimidated
  • Well I am not sure why I am doing PT to be quite honest. More or less my surgeon and PM doc have no clue why I am still have so much pain so they wanted to try PT and sending me to a chronic pain doc.
    You can see below all I have been through and I am almost a year post-op and they are sending me to PT. I am very confused at what is going on. I am really scared of what is going on and then having the doctors telling me they don't know. They are the ones that are supposed to know and I am getting no answers. Somehting has to be wrong for me to still be in this much pain still. The pain is pretty much constant and since PT it has gotten worse. The burning pain between my shoulder has gotten much worse and the pain in my neck is worse as well.

I am at a loss right now! I want to get a second opinion but the ladies at PT said I may have trouble finding another doctor to work on me; my current doc is very well known and other docs will not "step on his toes" I would prefer they worry about my pain than stepping on each others toes!