Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TOS and Me

griffggriff Posts: 496
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi all,

I haven't logged on to this site in months and was shocked to see my very stuffed inbox full of questions about TOS as well as cervical surgeries. I know that I was once considered the resident "expert" in regards to TOS but, unfortunately, my experiences with my injuries in my neck and the TOS both have kept me from being able to use my hands and arms like I once did. Typing is a seriously painful chore and the benefits of the task no longer outweigh the cost.

I will try to stop by more often however. I'm sorry to those of you who I was not able to answer in time. I know how scary and alone it can feel to have TOS together with cervical issues and would love to be there to help as much as I can.

I do miss all of you (yes, even you Papa Ron!). I'll do my best to come on again soon and be social.

• It's good to see you again. I'm sorry you're still not healed completely yet. I hope and pray you'll be able to feel better and wishing you healing thoughts. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Definitely great to see you once again. Sorry that you are having such a time of it. I hope that things begin to ease up for you soon!

Be well,

• Hi Griff,

It's nice to see your name again.

I am very sorry to read about your hands and arms being so painful and not improving. :(

You will be in my thoughts and prayers... you never know if something or someone will present itself as a welcomed remedy for your pain. We need to pull together and keep the positive vibes going and never give up hope.

Although you are limited right now on how much you can type, if I ever come across something or someone which may be of help... I will drop you a PM.

I was wondering if you ever got the support group going in your area? I believe it was you, that was going to get a pain group started? I hope your daughter is doing well.

Take good care, Griff. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, for sure.

• Nice to see you posting but I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time. We'll enjoy seeing you when you can post. Take care of yourself and I hope things start to improve soon.

• You should look into this. It has gotten very affordable and very good. Sometimes we have to learn to adapt when the cure is out of reach.