Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good News Today

TraseeTTrasee Posts: 571
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Finally saw my Dr. We got all my issues straightened out, concerning call backs, reaching someone on call and refills. He said I am not the only complaint and apologized and said he is addressing staff about the long wait,etc. Maye he is maybe he isn't. Made me feel better when said anytime I call, I should have a call back by end of the day.

Sooooo my x-rays are beautiful. He showed me where the implants and grafts are starting to fuse!! YAY.And as Andrea reminded me, I should have taken pics since they don't do digital on cd there yet. I could've posted in the pic post. Next visit is 6 wks. I will then.

I have Green 45mm pedicle screws, my fave color. Bronze rods. He got a whole kit and showed me how he put it together. He loves that kind of work is obvious. He was like a kid showing me. That kind of cracked me up.

He did up my pt, since I advised him all they are having me do is ride a bike and leg lifts and that I can do that myself. He said to learn the moves in 2-3 sessions and he trusted me to follow directions and do them at home to save me co-pay and save some pt visits since my insurance limits them to 30 per year. Just in case I need any refreshers later.

He also suggested staying off my butt and stop falling. I told him how accident prone I have become and unless he can fix that, I just have to deal, but I am being more careful. He kept me at 10 lb lift limit.

So all is well in my world tonight. Sigh of relief. Again you have all been a great help (esp. Lisa B and Andrea N.O.T) I guess that happens when we all ride the same train.

Hugs all around,

• Hi Traci,

Happy to hear your appointment went well and you are fusing! That is terrific, now if there was just something our Dr's could do about the clumsiness.....
    Take care, Lisa
  • Trasee, I too am very happy that your fusion seems on the right track. Very good! Now if only I can be so fortunate when I go to the doc in 28 days:) Good on ya girl

• Great news,Tracee!It is uphill from here!
  • Heck yea! We are part of club fuse AND green screw twins!

I'm so happy you got some good news!
  • That's great news!!!!!! yeah...clumsy...I'm in that club too. I hope there is a cure because I wasn't clumsy before this...LOL. I'd really like to stop dropping things.

But gosh...you're fusing already. That's awesome. Lets make a deal...you don't fall and I won't bummp my head anymore. sigh...if only it were that easy. LOL....

I'm happy for ya!

• Trace, if you ever need any welding done on that hardware, let me know. I can weld pretty good! I'll even give you a spine-health discount. LOL

glad you're doing good
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • That's really great news!!!

Ah, green, I love green! Still, green and purple (my color) are complimentary colors aren't they?
  • It's so good to hear you are doing well and recovering in such a positive way. Gives me courage with my own surgery coming up next week. Thank you for sharing such wonderful news. Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • Thanks my friends. All that good news made me think I could go out shopping with my sister, she is shopping for things for her daughter at college. Man that crap has me worn out. I might have felt differently if I were buying shoes, just a thought. I cannot wait to be able to wear real shoes. I am definitely a heels girl!!

Paul if any of these parts require welding, you will be the 2nd person I call, after the attorney :-C

Thanks for the good cheer. Andrea I am happy we are both fusing. I think it's great that it can be seen in xray already, I didn't expect that.

Aaron I hope your visit goes well and you are fusing, you can join our club LOL.

Paula, best of luck with your surgery, I hope it goes better pain wise than mine did, but a quick outcome too.

Lisa, Thanks and i plan to be careful and you better too!!

Yvonne, I saw bubble wrap at ststionary store and thought of you. I could only see us in a mall. My butt and your head all wrapped, made me LOL.

Green and Purple do compliment. I have green eyes so I always blend those shades , make those eyes pop, hahahahaha.

Me and Doggy are heading to bed, I don't care what doc says, she whines if she can't sleep with me.

• Glad for the healing, but also happy that you got straight w/ your Dr on his services or lack of during his absentees. I hope you can ride this positive wave for awhile. Like let it lift u up into the sky.

-so happy for your joy,
    hope it keeps getting better
    -norm the rat