Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 level fussion s1 to L3

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain

Anybody have similar fusion I have just done it two month and am having some challenges would like to hear your experience

• I just had a L4-S1 inter-body fusion done on Feb. 2nd. I was just discharged from the hospital a few days ago. Its been a tough recovery, but I expected it to be a hard road to recovery.
  • I have had 2 fustions in my neck and just recently had a fusion from L4 - S1 in September. The lower back fusion has been a lot harder to get through because it seems you can never get the pressure off of the injury. Its a tough deal. Hang in there and rest when your body tells you to.
  • There are a number of people on the board who have had fusion from L-3 to S-1. Did you have any particular questions? What type of fusion did the surgeon perform and do you have cages with the bone graft?
  • thanks for getting back to me. I am now 2 1/2 months out from having posterior lumbar interbody fusion with implants of Monarch pedicio screw rod system for the distance of S-1 thru L-3 and placement of intervertebral cages.

Presently I am having some difficulty with pain that is different than the pain prior to the 3 surgery’s that I have had for stenois.

I have developed some issues with both my thighs with numbness /pain to the touch, pain with movement of the thigh when walking I am taking a high dose of Gabentin @ 4800 mg per day. I have tried to lower the dosage by 1200 mg and the pain worsens.

Additionally I have been diagnosed with neuropathy, which has presented some additional challenges

Just wanted to know if any one has had similar surgery and what the post op problems they have had along with the type and kind of time frame for what there recovery was along with what they considered to be their % of recovery and ability to functionally normally, pain and ability to have functionally mobility
This discussion has been closed.