Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Flippin' Snow"

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Depression and Coping
Aaahhh, winter. It hasn't been bad enough in the NE, now we are getting up to 2 FEET of snow. I know other areas of the US have been hard-hit, not looking for a pity-party for my little world in NJ, it just sucks! I feel so bad because I can't help shovel, and my kids are still a bit "confused" about helping with their shovels. Ask them to shovel the front walkway and steps and they are out in the backyard, making pathways to nowhere!!!

Come on spring!!!

• Oh Lisa...I am so sick of this I could barf!!
    I want to see green leaves and flowers, feel a warm breeze instead of this bitter cold!! Snow for the next 3 days!!
    I know, I know, I will be complaining about the heat and humidity this summer but.....bring it on!!
    We gotta hang on Lisa. We have no choice do we?
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am from Ohio and I have seen all I want to see!!!!!
    Snow.snow go way!!!!
  • In 2006 when our God daughter was 6 years old she wished for skates, knowing how fast children grow and how seldom we have any ice to skate on here, we promised her to buy her some skates when the inner dam in our town froze over and was officially opened by the police here.
    The snow started on 16th December 2009, and on January 8th the dam was opened for skaters, the volunteers from the Territorial Army set up lights and music and some enterprizing folk set up hot chocolate stalls and the council swept the snow away, and once a week the voluntary fire brigade have smoothed the ice out with a layer of water from their engine hoses. After 7 weeks she has become quite an accomplished little skater and gained some new friends, a lot of confidence and lost a little weight, so she has had a fantastic winter. The dam is closed now but the skates can be adjusted up 3 more sizes , so maybe next year...

The thaw has started now and in shallower places where the snow has drifted away there are snowdrops peeking through the earth, not open yet , but they are ready as are the erantis flowers (can`t remember what they are called in English, they look like buttercups , with leafy collars ).There is some bare earth where my cat can go do what a cat has to do, she has been forced to use a cat-litter tray since December and has been so stir crazy, she was like one of those bike riders in a ball , zooming round the walls! The dog Molly , a Saint Bernard has been in her element and loved every day, casting her self out there with every new snow fall , snout diving and making dog angels.

Yesterday we had new furniture delivered and hubby dragged himself out the day before to dig a path round the house to the patio doors at the back , he dreaded it , but found that the snow could be chopped out in huge squares and made a wall , just like they make igloos.

The fountain in our little garden pond has attracted wild birds, and I have enjoyed filling up the bird trays twice a day and seen some birds which I have never seen before, we even had an owl munching on soaked raisins just after dusk, and found deer tracks up to a sand trough where we have our winter carrots stored.
    Its been a hard winter for my incredible husband who works nights delivering milk and dairy products to supermarkets. He felt like there was something strange yesterday as he went off , and realized that it was because he didn`t have thermal long johns on under his work clothes and only one pair of socks !
    I have loved the sight of the pure white blanket of snow, but now I see buds forming on the trees and am looking forward to see the results of my toils last year planting hundreds of tulip, daffodil and crocus bulbs , Roll on Spring!
  • You can send some of your snow here! I'll trade you a few sunny days for some snow! I'm in Southern New Mexico and it's a miracle if we even get an inch of snow...literally! Maybe I'm just not ready for spring and it's 50 mph dust storms....
  • Yesterday, from all this snow, snow and more snow.
    They won't even say what we will end up with exactly or when it will stop. Record snowfall for February...yay.

I have to work this evening, I was so depressed at home last night, I'm actually glad to just stay here!

I'm know I will be with Patsy as we had a couple of days that hit 40 and my shoulder pain got worse and harder to cover with the SCS, so I expect to be bothered by warm weather too, ugh.

I've had my son shovel a few times now, but it does little good. The wind keeps drifting it back in. I just put the Jeep in Low range and go. Maybe some day it will melt...
  • I agree with you awalker, I will trade some snow for the 70+ degree weather we have had here in the last couple of weeks. I am in the sunny Southwest <):) and if temps are as warm as they are now, I hate to think what this summer will bring. :OO