Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bed Risers made my life easier, getting out of bed and off the couch!

blackberrybunnybblackberrybunny Posts: 157
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I wanted to post and share my experience with using some bed risers. If you don't know what they are, they are made out of plastic usually, black, brown, or white, and look like upside down square or round flowers pots. You put a set of 4 of them under your bed's feet, and it raises your bed up about 6 inches! OMG, instead of having to roll to the edge of the bed and then hurt hurt hurt standing up, these bed risers made such a difference I couldn't believe it! Now, I roll to the edge of bed, and it is so high that I am already standing without having to stand up, know what I mean?!!

I ALSO got a set for 4 sofa. OMG, what a difference! You just cannot believe it. Or at least I can't! I have the worst pain sitting down, so having a couch higher up makes it so much easier so sit down, and TONS better to sitting up off of the couch.

They are about $12 -15 for a box of 4 of them, I guess you can get that at places like Bed Bath and Beyond, or Linens and things, or maybe walmart. I got mine off of ebay.

Please consider them----they are completely safe and will truly make a diference. Even my mom's elderly friends who come over noticed my couch was so much easier to get up from, and then I showed them why, and now 2 of them have gone out and bought their own. One even got a set for her bed and she loves it because it gives you TONS more room to hide things UNDER the bed and makes your bed skirt fit better too, LOL!!! They are really not very pretty, these bed risers, but who cares!!! Now, if I could just get some for the toilet, hahahahahah!
advertisement

Comments