Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Vertebroplasty Update (Complications)

aka_angelic37aaka_angelic37 Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to give an update on the vertebroplasty I had done Friday...

I have severe pain in my lower back on the left side which started immediatley after the procedure and is almost unbearable, had to go to the ER just hours after the procedure because I could not stand the pain! Of course the ER doctor wouldnt do an x-ray or CT scan because he thought I had a kidney stone which he thought my urine would show! Quak! Sent me on my way with Percocet.

I am going back to the Neuro who did this to hopefully get to the bottom of what happened to cause this much pain! It feels like it did when I broke my back! Hope he didnt screw up my back and now I will be stuck this way, cant do anything but lay down!

• I don't know what could be causing your lower back pain but hope that whatever it is, it will just be a temporary set back.
    Hope that in the meantime, you can find a way to control the pain.
    Meanwhile rest and try to be patient.
    Do let us know how you get on.
    Gentle hug :-)
  • I sent you a pm please read

• The pain has gotten a tad better but I cant sit at all, I have to lay down to relieve the pain...the percocet seem to alleviate it a little...the neuro hasnt called back yet but will keep ya posted as to what i find out. May just take some time.
  • My neuro called and doesnt seem concerned AT ALL! He said if i wanted to I could come in and get SI joint injections??? His exact words were that my pain is caused from laying on my stomach during the procedure...He just doesnt want to own up to the fact that his reputation may get hurt because he messed up my back! SO FRUSTRATING! and doesnt help that I have medicaid! I had SI joint injections years ago and this pain is no where near that type of pain or near that area! This pain started immediatley after the Vertebroplasty...

Heading back to the ER to hopefully get a CT scan to make sure my vert didnt collapse below the cement or that the cement didnt leaked onto L1!

Dont know what to do if I cant get an X-ray or CT scan?? Any suggestions? Maybe I should call a lawyer??