Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 months post plif l4 l5 fusion I am doing great.

rmickhail2rrmickhail2 Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everybody. It has been a while since I have been on here. But I wanted to share my experience so far with my spinal fusion. So Back in January I had my surgery and from there it has been nothing but up hill for me. I seemed to take it all very well. I was up within minutes of waking up from the procedure and walking around. Never had a brace. The first month was the hardest for me. But eventually about 4 and a half weeks in I cut out all my pain meds. I have been through physical therapy. And am still going to the same place but now i pay like a gym membership. I am up to running 2 miles 3 days a week on an elliptical machine. Plus since surgery I quit smoking and I love the fact that when I run I am not hacking out my lungs.

I'm back to work full time. I just planted all my food plots for deer hunting in October. Also I just went on a Big Eye Tuna fishing trip and did very well out on the ocean and fighting the fish. Today I am in no pain at all. Thanks to the greatest surgeon in the world. EDITED out of EDITED in Royal Oak, Mi. I am still trying my best to take it as easy as possible and not do any jaring motions or being very careful not to fall. I would say that all in all there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just try to be optimistic about it all I guess. I say that because before I had the surgery I was rightfully scared. I want to say thank you for everything you all have done for me. Answering the oddest questions from me and with the most supportive information. Thanks for the support. Take care and i am always thinking about you guys.

Standards agreement and posting rules.
Naming specific institution or doctor names is not permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.
Edited by Authority Member Cath111.

• to hear of another success story.
    Here's hoping that your improvement will continue as your fusion gets stronger.
    Sounds like you are well and truly back into your active life :-)
    I hope I'll be enjoying one too before long. I had my L4/L5 fusion 6 weeks ago.
  • Great to hear your success with your surgery. Thanks for the positive update! Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Good to hear of success for you!! Lynette
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to post and letting those of us who are on this journey know that there is light at the end! :-)

Sounds like you have gotten your life back and are enjoying many different activities!

Wishing you all the best in the days and months to come!
  • I'm glad to hear it's gone so well for you and thanks for the update. You and I used to PM daily and I figured that you must be out playing around and feeling good because I hadn't heard from you for so long.

PS Sorry I had to edit your post - forum rules don't allow us to mention specific docs or institutions. Nothing personal. :-)
  • Yooo Hoooo! Glad to hear it.

Don't forget you are still healing. Take good care of that new back. Keep that Core strong.

I am very pleased to hear this.

Happy Spring!