Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I miss you guys... so very much!

TTLCTTTLC Posts: 876
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello to everyone,

I miss you... I really, really miss you guys! I apologize that it has taken me this long to give you all an update, but I've been physically down over here. Please know that I think of you all... each and every day. You are always in my prayers and I thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, as well.

Since the beginning of April, I have been battling with a new set of pains from the waist down. I went to my monthly pain management appointment during the middle of April and was diagnosed with having SI Joint dysfunction, subtrochanteric bursitis, compressed nerves and some very troubled muscles.

My PM doctor ordered immediate plain film Xrays to rule out any additional fractures in my pelvis area, then promptly sent me to Outpatient Rehabilitation therapy.

I have been going for therapy 3 times a week and it has been one heck of a battle. I am in the process of "retraining" all of my muscles and this has to be one of the most painful experiences I have ever faced. My therapists are wonderful... they are very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. I am in very good hands and will continue to do whatever I need to do, to get my muscles back in working order. Some of my muscles have to be manually "worked" by the therapists, particularly the ones surrounding my thoracic problem areas. The key areas right now is everything from the waist down. I have not regained my knee reflexes or ankle reflexes yet, but I am certain these reflexes will return.

It's very hard for me to type, as my tummy feels like a big bruised brick and these muscles tend to burn a great deal. I am on a lot of restrictions... pretty much just going to my therapy sessions and bed rest. I am allowed to walk for 3 minutes at a time, but only 6 times a day, on the days I am not in therapy. I apply warm moist heat the majority of the day and night to my muscles, which is very soothing.

Have no doubts... I'm going to get through these hurdles! I'm doing what needs to be done and I know I will come out of this feeling a lot better. I am joking a lot with my therapists, the nurses, with my family and my doctors. I hold tight to my sense of humor, as it gets me through the extra rough times. Boy oh boy... I'm going to have some doozy stories to share with you all, once I can sit for longer periods of time.

I will check in with you all, as often as I can. I have a lot of reading to do, in order to catch up with everyone. I have to pace myself, but I'll "get 'er done"!

Once again, I really miss you all and wish the very best for each and every one of you!

Much love to you all,

Tammy >:D<

• Someone wrote a post asking where you were... Glad you're keeping up your sense of humor through it all. I heard you were struggling and hope you're getting on top of the reconditioning. I started aqua therapy and just love it! Take care Tammy you're getting stronger everyday. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Tammy, so glad to hear from you. You inspire me with your courage and sense of humor! Go girl! I have no doubts you will get through this ok. I'm sorry to hear you have these extra new problems and had to deal with so much pain but I'm hoping and praying that this means you know what has been causing all this pain and now you have help and a plan to get better!

Don't worry about checking in too often. Maybe Mike or your kdis can type short updates once in awhile for us so you can keep to your strict restrictions! Do everything they tell you to do and not one things you shouldn't or tha causes you pain(including posts)!!! Take care of yourself and know we'll be here, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, every single day! Behave and be strong! I can't wait to hear your stories!

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Sorry to see you haven't been feeling good. SI Joint pain can be so tough. I was walking through a store today and WHAM SI joint pain came out of nowhere! Take care!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Excellent to hear from you and especially to hear that you are in capable hands and getting the treatment you are! Thanks for the update, especially knowing how difficult it was for you to type the message in the first place. Really glad you had the energy to update us as best you could.

Wow, six 3 minute walks a day! Girl I hope that you are getting maximum enjoyment from those and doing some serious sightseeing and I don't mean of the bathroom! Do you plan your walks through different parts of the house? Do you alter your route so you can gaze upon the different changes as the seasons progress? I have different areas of my home, where I am growing different flowers and plants, that I can see from the different areas of the house. I even have a really large strawberry pot positioned strategically so I can see it when I am kicked back in my recliner! I have cosmos growing outside the window of our sunroom, and roses outside my bedroom window. From the kitchen I have a nice view of my flowerbed in front of my office and also some flower pots I have on the front porch. It makes it nice that no matter where I am in the house, I have something nice to look at. I know you can't tend any of that, but maybe Zach or your hubby?

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just great to hear from you.

• Wow, is this because of the destabilization in your back, or damage they never found? Nasty stuff :( I sure hope you feel better!
  • together we will walk to improve our condition. you certainly have what it takes to accomplish this.
  • Hi Tammy,

It was Debbie (Sunny) who posted as to your whereabouts.

You are something else! You must have wonderful family and friends and a great unwaivering faith to get you through this tough patch. I'll keep you in my prayers for successful healing.

>:D< >:D< >:D< Hugs to you Tammy! Look forward to seeing more posts from you in the every near future. Feel free to PM me if you need a shoulder (I know God gave me these swimmer's shoulders for a reason LOL).

Take care of you,

• sorry that you are having a 5417 time hun
    i know i may have mentioned it before but have you tried the acticare unit ??? its worth a try you can always return it and you will get your money back .i have made a deal with them at acticare that you will get more than the 30 day trial if you live outside the uk {to allow for post} see acticare.com for more info
    take care hun
    tony x
  • Tammy,

It's so good to see you here again!! Sounds like you are going through your own version of hell!! I really hope it gets easier and easier! Misses and Hugs!!

• Tammy,

Great to see you back with us! Sorry you're going through so much. Even with all that, your posts are a pleasure to read as even with all that, you stay upbeat and positive. I hope you start having better and better days!! Support *HUGZ* to ya woman!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    just seeing you here back online is a gift for so many of us.
    Just please take care of yourself and all of your family
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Tammy, my friend, we've missed you and all your caring, supportive and funny posts. I'm glad you were able to take the time to post and let us know how you're doing.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've got some very serious issues going on and have been set back some steps, but thank you for letting us know what's happening. Of course, we have no suggestions for you because it sounds like you're in very capable hands with your doctor. If you lived anywhere here in my state where I could get to you, I'd come see you, make you a cup of tea and maybe play a game of scrabble or something, just to help you keep busy and your mind off the pain.

Again, thanks for posting and like Ron said, no need to apologize. Maybe you should have Mike go out and buy you one of those new cool touchpad phones so you can program it, play with it, download some apps and have fun with the little thing. Sometimes having something like that to concentrate on can help. (I'm saying this because I just got one, otherwise I probably wouldn't even think about it LOL.) You can even look at the SH website and check emails, listen to music and play games.

Take care, Tammy. I'm so happy that you have so much support at home and know that you'll get through this because you're one of the strongest and most determined members I know. I just look forward to the day when you post that things have improved and that you're feeling better. But please update again when you can, but only when you're read and able to without pain.

I'm sending you a great big, gentle hug today and have been thinking about you a lot. I'll say a prayer for your recovery to be quick and successful.

Your friend,
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    So good to see you back on here! I've been away myself quite a bit lately. But I do check in. And have wondered where you were! GOOD TO SEE YOU!
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • so sorry to read of your pain and the problems you are having!! your love and strength come through and i know you are facing this battle with all you have.. my thoughts are with you and i hope you are better so soon Tammy!!! L, Jenny :)
  • Tammy, but so sorry to hear of your problems.
    I hope that this hiccup in your recovery, will be just that, and you will soon move on to a more comfortable place.
    I'll be praying for you Tammy. Keep your sense of humour. :D

We are here for you and are longing to hear that things have improved. :-)

• So sorry to hear you have been going through such a rough patch! You will definately have some amazing stories to tell!

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! Looking forward to hearing from you again when you feel up to posting!

Hang in there and hold tight to your sense of humor! We are all here for you!
This discussion has been closed.