Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

went in for 2problems come out with 3 & tommorrow rzsatomey scared

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
my nuro surgon wanted to do 3level fusion and when i heal than the back. He did try a nerve block and maybe a bit releif so now the rzatomey cant spell it tommorow. I wanted another opinon so off I went to see this other Dr. and they both are well known surgons in top 10 Dr. but the likly vote each other in their sucess rate is really good. I had my 3level fusion appt and i canceled it due to wanting another opinion so go to this other Dr. and he tells me that the pain I have in my shoulder could be inpinsment or spurs on the bone I was like WHAT!!!!!!!! I had shoulder surgery on my right done he says that was a long time ago. So i have an mri set up for mon after that is done he wants me back he feels that i do need the neck done and i forget the mri of the lumber so he did not want to look at the report only the mri i will bring this with me to my next appt. I am thinking ok this Dr. who I am having the razotomey done with why did he not have any concern about the shoulder. This Dr. ordering the mri told me he is 90% of shoulder problems and he can refer me to another dr for that. He says the neck surgey pulls a bit on the shoulder and really need to rule that shoulder issue before fusion. My pain is so very great in my trap area and my ramiods cant spell never good at that sorry. My biggest fear is that i will have the 3level fusion and have the same pain in my traps and rabiods. my neck pain is their but this trap area is a killer. So, i will see. The first Dr. who is doing the razotomy tommorow says if this works I could save myself a bigger surgery on my lower back. I am so scared right now I know it is going to hurt and i have to be awake because he needs to touch all the branch nerves and all and than i need to tell him which one hurts so he can cut it. OH DEAR!!!!!!!!! I am really ready for whatever i just want to make sure i have sucess on all this. I have been threw so many injections, nerve burns on it goes. The issue also is I cant have 3 surgeries one right after I heal i than would be off work a year!!!! I feel both Dr's are good I had them also checked out by the board. I just want to get the razotomy over tomorrow and see what happens with the shoulder mri. I am a mess. I hurt so darn bad. Dr. 2 told me that i should try cutting down on my oxycontin I said what i will end up in er he said when i have surgery the other drugs cant wk I thought what are you nuts. I cant have morphine but that daladid works very good wish i had some at home. lol no not funny. I am lost of who to do my neck fusion and my back if my back needs it after this tomorrow. Oh i ramling so better go. thx to all of you i am just scared for tomorrow and venting

• forgot to tell you one more thing. my hubbie told me their was a lady at my house from the Dr's office i said WHAAT!!!!!! he put her on the phone and she says i was in the area and wanted to drop off your bone stimulator. I said i canceled my surgery for my neck she says well the ins approved it and i will leave it and if you need help in working it call my cell phone and i will come back. I get home i look at it have not looked at the directions but i am thinking they are billing my ins for this when i am not even using this and do not even have a appt for my neck fusion yet.. I called the Dr. office and they said that is a rep and they will talk to her or ? but still have it. Is that something or what??
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that all goes well with the rhyzotomy today. Hopefully after that and the shoulder mri you will know more what the problem is and will be better able to decide on what to do. When you have two surgeons telling you different things it makes it confusing to know what to do. If they both suggest totally different surgeries it would be good if you could get a third opinion or if that's not possible go with the one you felt the most trust in. Good luck with whatever you need to do.
  • Hi Ellin. You need to find a way to write this all down. Not really sure what is the best way. Maybe a chart. Or a summary of what each doctor said.

Going to so many doctors and being told so many things gets confusing. And when the doctor has 10 minutes to talk to you he can't look at your whole history. If you can make a time line of doctors visits and then have a more detailed account of what happened you might have better luck understanding what they are saying and also being able to communicate to the next doctor.

I have this happen all the time. I try to explain all the things that happened before during and after my surgeries plus the complications and by then I can thell the doctor isn't listening. Many tend to latch onto one thing that they can treat instead of looking at your whole picture.

Good luck with the Rhizotomy. Hopefully this will work for you.
  • oh my went to have the rzhotmey and Dr. decided to do 3levels both sides well they almost killed me ended up in icu the idiot dr told me that for pain they will give me dilaud well the anastioioligst gave me all kinds of combo of drugs and all i remember in the room after surgery is me flipping all over the bed my folks their dr's up the butt. I told them i need dialud they said your dr did not order that WHAAAAAATT oh well i cam home last night not happy im sore and the left shoulder is so bad i dont know what happend other than them getting me from the or table to the bed will keep you updatd have to go in to much pain