Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lots of pain need some help

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
As some of you are aware I had a rhizotomy 3 levels both sides and ended up with a shoulder injury. Well, I am in soooo much pain now with my neck I cant take it. I am needing a 3 level fusion but, do not know if I did anything more to it due to this increase of pain. I did have very bad convulsions in hospital when the shoulder injuy happend after the rhizotomy thrashing my head side to side is what my folks said so this is a possibility. I have never heard from the place that did my rhizotomy and emailed the Dr. personal asst. and was told she would foward my email to the Dr. and still not response. I did say in the email if the Dr. does not want to see me pls let me know. I am not sure this is the case or not, maybe they think I am going to sue them for all this that happend??? What I do know is my neck hurts very bad and feel I really need an MRI to rule out that this pain is coming from my shoulder injury. What do or should I do???

• Hello,

I don't have any experience with your procedure but wanted to respond for encouragement. In any situation where you are reaching out to a doctor and they don't respond you might have to seek the advice od a 2nd physician. Were u referred to this doc? If so I would contact the referring physician to see of they can help. I hope u get some answers and relief soon!
  • I'm so sorry you're having so much neck pain. I understand and feel for you.

If you can't get a hold of this doctor, I'd suggest finding another spine surgeon (hopefully fellowship-trained) to take a look at you. If you can't get a hold of your doctor, then call and tell them you're needing to see someone NOW and since you've gotten no response from them, you're going elsewhere.

You really need to see someone with as much pain as your having. Don't wait for this doctor who won't get back to you. I believe things happen for a reason so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Please keep us posted.
  • Ellin,

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Support *HUG* Like Cathie said, I would advise the doctors office that "I am experiencing a lot of pain, and really need to see him. If that is not possible I will seek another doctor!" If your insurance allows, I would start seeing what sort of Neurologists are available. Some specialize in the spine, while others issues still nerve related, but away from the spine. You could also contact your Primary Doctor to see about a referral.

Please don't let these people intimidate you or control you. Your body is your key! I hope you have answers soon, or have a new and "caring" doctor you can trust! Please keep us posted on how it goes. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.