Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

silverbeamssilverbeam Posts: 32
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Depression and Coping
My employer has violated my trust. After having a few Dr appt. my boss asked what my surgeon had to say and being the upfront person I am I told him my surgeon said I could have surgery anytime I wanted, I thought I had nothing to hide I guess I was wrong, suddenly I have restriction put on me at work by my employer NOT my DR. Last time I tell them anything more than I have to.

Now for 3 days in a row I no start time the first 2 days I understood, I drive a concrete truck and it rained both days. Now for monday I have no start time and it's suppose to be a bright sunny day. Maybe it's time to find a lawyer.

• I feel for you. I was in your situation for the past year and a half. You are right that going forward you say nothing to your employer. It's hard when its a small work group and also friends. Just remember that collegues are not friends and when you are dragging them down those "friends" disappear. If you don't believe me think about the last few guys who left your employer -- when was the last time anyone even mentioned them?

What to do next probably depends on how you got hurt, how big your employer is, what you intend to do and what insurance you have.

If it was on the job injury then you should be protected under workers comp but make sure your job is also protected. If your employer has enough employees you might be entitled to FMLA leave which would again protect your job. Also find out if you have STD/LTD benefits. You want to make sure you file for any benefits right away incase they intend to lay you off.

Trying to prove that they are discriminating against you would probably be hard and the case is only worth what you lose. So a lawyer is going to charge more than the lost days wage. Thats why they get away with it so often. And with construction so slow and also weather dependant (don't suppose you were delivering to my house last week - lol) it's also hard to prove.

In my case I knew that my employer was bypassing me for assignments and promotions because of my problems. I also had used up my FMLA leave so my job was not protected. Since a top surgeon had recommended surgery I knew that it was time to go out on disability. I had been working in pain before that.

Only you can figure out what is right for you. But I wouldn't wait. Get all you info together and make some decisions.