Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Things that make you happy

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
in our world of pain and sleep deprivation and drugs and painful procedures etc ,,its nice to have something that puts a smile on your face ,now i don't know about you ...but giving is as good as receiving {no ..not that !! get you mind out of the gutter!!} let me explain ..i love cars .my lovely wife drives a 13 year old ford puma and its a gas guzzling expensive to tax/insure low lech uncomfy car ..i have found her a brand new hyundai i20 special edition with all the mod cons .like leather /folding mirrors/ 6 speaker cd player .traction control/stability control .full electric pack and remote boot release and its in crystal white and the interior is black and gray leather .all the controls for the stereo are on the steering wheel and all in all its a massive upgrade from the old puma plus the puma drinks petrol like an alcoholic .kath puts 20 poundsof fuel ee in every 4 days ! and gets 24 miles per gallon !! madness ,,so i found her this hyundai special edition at a very low price with only 223 miles on the clock and its as new ,i went to to test drive it yesterday and fell in love with
it .so tomorrow kath is going to test drive it and i hope she loves it as much as i do .as its a bargain plus Hyundai have a 5 year warranty ,i think i am more excited than her!!i don't know if you know that i20 edition ..but its the top of the range at a slightly lower price but we are getting it for 4 thousand pounds less as its second hand ,all because its has a number plate bolted on it ..what a saving ..the garage where i am getting it from has had many customer after it ,it was lucky i just got that and but a deposit on it ..otherwise we would have lost out big time ..

• I just have to say how nice it is to see you so excited about something. To read such a cheerful, happy and exciting post from you means a lot to those of us who know you and what you've been going through.

Congratulations and thanks for making me happy today too, my friend.

• my wife kath works very hard one wage keeping 3 adults is not easy .and the car she has n ow is nice to look at but is going to need thousands spending on it soon and its just not worth it .{she loves her old car } but i have convinced her to step up to the 21 century ..i think i am more excited about the car than she is ! ..it is a lovely car and so comfy .i just know when she gets in it in just a few hours now!! she will soon forget her old car ..
  • Tony,
    Anything that takes us away from thinking of the pain, that is with us constantly, I do now see things that I missed when I was going faster, they are not complicated and very simple. Happiness is how we perceive things and finding the joy is part of the coping and improving process, I have seen more things going at this imposed slow pace than I ever did before.

As you, my wife share most of the burden in getting us all through this challenge and I do try to make her important issues mine and help where possible.

Perhaps seeing my own children grow and mature makes me happy, that throughout all this time they are managing to find a future for themselves.

Take care.

• but my back is killing me and i am having hot sweats .i am so pixxx.i have always been a nervous person and never good in crowds i was nervous at my own wedding and i could never talk to a group of people as i would be crippled with anxiety ,i just cant win .on a day when i should be happy i am sat here sweating like a pig ! i have to drive for an hour so that's not going to help matters and like i said i am just a nervous person .i wish i wasn't .i have never been able to enjoy social events because anxiety takes over ,and i carnt control it .and i am out of Valium ! i dont take them for anxiety but i would do today ..if i had some ! anyway i have just had another shower and i hope that when my wife returns from shopping {food} i will have calmed down a bit {we are taking two cars because we are taking kaths mum with us and she also has a bad back and kath car is a ford puma coupe so there is no way me or her could sit in the back
  • Hope you enjoy the new car and have a good day today.
    I was happy that our car only 6 years old a Nissan sentra was making a loud noise and husband went to Nissan dealer and got the engine shampooed first time and the sound has gone! He'll be taking it for a more thorough cleaning today for only $35. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • and kath loves it
  • Congrats on getting the car Tony! I can relate with you on the social anxiety. I have dealt with that for years and the med I take for it is Klonopin, sometimes helping and sometimes not. It's a horrible issue to deal with but some how I have managed to make it through each situation as I'm sure you have. Have fun with the car! Cynthia
  • Sounds good, we did the same thing with my wifes car almost a year and a half ago.
    Bought a 08 Nissan Altima Used, 42days old with 600 miles on it :D Same great big discount over new, I even asked the warranty people if being a second owner lost us any coverage, they said, No, Nissan warranties the car equally for 1st and second owners :D

My wife loves it, I like riding in it more than driving it. It is a little too wide for our narrow country roads. I generally take my Grand Cherokee or my 69 Rambler American when weather allows.

Have fun with the new car!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    I know the answer without thinking.

All the years in the computer business, I loved helping others who had problems.

In the wine business, I love helping customers select the perfect wine to go with their meals or help in preparing a meal.

So, for me, its helping others.

I have been so very fortunate over the years to receive help from so many different sources, including the scores of people at this site.

So giving back is important.

This item is on my 10 items on my personal Bucket List to do.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com