Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

recovering from lumbar fusion and disk replacement one week ago

lisadaylenellisadaylene Posts: 79
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, my name is Lisa, I am 53, recovering from recent back surgery and have joined this site to learn and understand by what others have gone thru before me. I have moved my surgery details to the "recovering from surgery" message board. Looks like I found the perfect website for knowledge. I think I learn way more from patients that have lived through this, than doctors sometimes.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. have a good look around and make yourself at home. their is alot to learn and so many friends to make!! good luck on a successful recovery!! i hope you wind up pain free!!! all the best and stop by anytime!! Jenny :)
  • i am waiting to see if a 360 degree multi level fusion can be done on me i have a discography on the 23 sept .if its ok surgery will follow .i wish the all the beat for you recovery BUT be warned that its going to be a long haul and you may encounter set backs ,recover time is more months rather than weeks and even years to get the full effect ,dont feel like you have to hurry things along..you have had major surgery and your body will take a long time to catch up .rest and do as you are toll from the doctors and physios ..when you feel up to it swimming or pool walking is a good way to exercise ..whatever you do dont life bend of twist .dont suffer in pain either if you are in pain ...then see you doctor for pain killers ,you may also find memory foam products are helpful ..things like pillows and mattresses and the best bit if kit to have is a rise and recline recliner .hope that you recover quickly ..and remember its a repair not a new spine !!
  • I totally understand what you are saying about the recovery time taking longer than I had imagined. I am very lucky to have my husband, father and step-daughter waiting on me and keeping me from doing to much. My first post-op doctor visit in in another week, and I think the incision looks very good, I don't know when they take the staples out. When I get the go ahead for swimming I have a pool, and also a heated one at the gym, I will definately do the swim walking you mentioned. I know that I will start physical therapy soon. My husband put my recliner up on a very strong pallet from work, and I can get in and out very easily. I seem to get a lot of sleep in bed at night, once I get comfortable, which does take some time, I will look into some memory foam, that sounds wonderful.
    I also wish the best for your upcoming surgery, and hope you have a great outcome. Thank you for writing, I look forward to talking to you again in the future. Take care.