Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what does this mean

2much4u22much4u Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Lower Back Pain
moderate rotoscoliosis of mid lumbar spine, conves to right, sever disc and facet disease is present L5-S1

At L4-L5, there is a moderate degree of spinal canal stenosis from diffuse disc bulge as well as thickened ligament and facets, moderate bilateral inferior neural foraminal stenosis disc is also seen

L5-S1, there is a small diffuse disc bulge with osteophytes, moderate bilateral inferior neural foraminal stenosis is identified

Can anyone interpret this for me?? My back has been killing me since going back to work 4 yrs ago, in a different position and lifting 1000's of parcels a day weighing up to 50lbs...some is genetic, but could doing that job slipped my discs and aggravated this condition?? my back did not hurt like this before...

Will I ever be able to life again?

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    You need to consult with your ortho or neuro surgeon
    and get a full understanding of what your conditions are, and what possible treatments are available to you.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• but that doesn't help me while I'm waiting for the appt...
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    But it is against SH rules for us to give out medical advice and or opinions on radiological studies. My little picture is from my most recent MRI on Friday. I, as your are am very anxious to find out what the radiologist has to say.

I have looked at MANY MRI's, mine and others and could certainly give you my 2 cents worth .... but thats about all it would be worth ... and it would get me in trouble with our moderators.

The waiting game is neither fun nor easy ... but it is the cards that we have been delt. When is your appointment to review your exam? Mine is on Thursday of next week and it will be a long wait...

Sorry I can't be of more help ... but I, and the rest of the gang are here to provide support. That support doesn't include interpretation of MRI's.

I hope for the best for you - maybe join us in chat (most evenings) for additional ideas or comments.

Warmest regards and hoping for reduction of pain and stabilization of your condition,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• for informing me that you guys aren't allowed to interpret reports...I would never expect that I would get a professional opinion on here, but just related info...anything is of help as I didn't even realize my condition was serious until 3 yrs after my injury; though I did feel that something not ordinary was going on..
  • Aside from not being medical professionals 2much4u, an MRI is only a "part" of the diagnosis puzzle. You can have a guy with an MRI with bulges, spurs, etc. all over, and he has NO symptoms. Conversely you can have a guy with the tiniest hernia, and he is screaming holy he11 if you will.

With that stated, the MRI even with your symptoms isn't the full complete puzzle, so "us" saying what we see, can be very detrimental to your actual diagnosis! Please let us know how it goes with your doctor. Support *HUGZ* :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Actually there is plenty of help here at Spine Health for you. If you look at the top, the blue box, you can search for the words in your MRI such as

"Disc Bulge"

and get information on those conditions.

What you will find is that unfortunately, an MRI with such a finding is not really enough information to give an outcome. Each of these conditions are important only to the extent that they are impeding your ability to function, and those questions can only be answered by your doctor with a great deal of other information as well.

Does this help?
  • Here's some information put together by one of the docs registered on Spine Health. I think you will be able to get some good information out of it and the related articles it links to.

One of the key points that it makes, is that the results of an MRI is NOT the diagnosis. It can however help validate the diagnosis given based on an exam by your doctor.

Welcome to Spine Health. You will find this a great source of information and support. All you need to do is log on and you are instantly surrounded by friends who understand what you are going through and are eager to help you as much as they can.

This discussion has been closed.