Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 Epidurals?

aggienickaaggienick Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Spinal Injections
I had my first epdural yesterday at c4-c5. The surgery center called back and wants to get me in for another on next Monday. They said that the shots are done in a series of 3. I called and left a message with my ortho regarding this since I was under the impression that there is only one shot administered. Is it normal to have three shots done back to back? Also the pain seems to have returned to my arms today could this be from the extra fluid (pressure) from the shot pressing on the nerves? Thanks Nick

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Ive been through numerous sets of epidurals. Ive always
    been scheduled for sets of three. If the first one worked for just a day they would continue the injections. After the second injection and if there was no improvement my doctor would cancel the third.
    I believe they are almost always done in a series of three.
  • Ive had 16 of these procedures so far..I live in Australia and they schedule 3 to 4 of these sessions and then review you..

They inject steroids into your facet and SI joints and then they have burn the nerve endings..I found this to be of great relief to my hips and lumbar spine but no relief from thoraic pain.
    Personally I dont mind going into hospital every 2 weeks to have it done as the overall drop in pain level is enough to make me keep going..

Always remember its your body and you are the one to make the ultimate decision.
    Take care