Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Medial Branch Block Tomorrow

kcrozkkcroz Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Spinal Injections
Has anyone had any relief from this procedure? I had a double ACDF C/5-C/7in 2007. Several months ago my pain levels increased and current meds are not controlling the pain. In the last 2 months I have undergone three Manipulations under Anesthesia and two ESI's. I can not increase meds. This is my only option, other than switching meds, available to me.
Latest MRI indicates disk bulging and facet hypertrophy at C3-C4 and C4-C5.

• Hopefully the injection will help by calming down the facets. They may have you keep a journal as to the duration of time you were able to get relief. If for some reason they don't I would do it on your own. Most of my blocks have been nerve root blocks and not target to the facet nerve, but the procedures are relatively the same. The blocks I have actually gotten relief within minutes. I admit it smarts a bit doing it, but the relief was well worth it, in my opinion. Unfortunately when it wore off the pain returned but it was a nice break, that is for sure. Are they using it is a diagnostic test or as measure for pain relief? Good luck and let us know how you do with the procedure.
  • I have very good pain relief on right side. Not so much on left. I have had many trigger point and ESI's in the past with no adverse reactions. Today my face is very flushed. Feel jittery and nauseous.

Has anyone else had bad reactions to steroids?
  • I had my second injection this week and have experienced the same symptoms you describe. My arms have been shaking for the past two days pretty bad.