Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please can anyone help

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 969
I will try and explain this as easy as i can, without sounding contracdictory... :B recently the pain i have is getting worse day by day...i have sciatic pain radiating down my right leg :''( , but as i walk my leg has the sharp burning pain, but also feels heavy :S , then...along side this pain i get my leg gives way from the hip , but my leg goes lifeless , loss of feeling , but still having the pain #:S , if anyone has experienced this , i would appreciate any input...thankyou... >:D< i do hope this is not to confusing :/

Angie >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• you sound just like me! and it's also my right side. mine is from a large l5/s1 herniation. have you had an mri yet for this area? i see where you are having neck issues as well...i do too and i am affected mostly on my right side...right arm radiculopathy and right hand weakness/nerve damage in arm/hand....so my whole right side is shot!

But, yes, my leg...what you described of yours sounds just like mine...be careful..I have fallen a few times and now use a cane at times.

best of luck...
  • oh thankyou so so much , i thought i was going mad ~X( . I do have the same problem in both arms, they also seize up, and my right hand locks into a claw, but that has only ever happens first thing in the mornings when i wake up :B , is there a name for this??? i do have fibromyalgia, is it anything to do with that?? ~X( I also get pins and needles in my hands and right leg and foot

Angie x

Oh i am fed-up with seeing the doctors, plus at the moment i cant go anywhere like i am , with the mobility :( :( :( :(
  • Hi Backpainishell, Just want to tell you to be real carefull not to fall when your leg goes out.That was my problem-so I was sent for an EMG where they found 3 pinched nerves and after surgery-a 3 level laminectomy and extensive forinotomy I am doing great.Have you had an MRI or an EMG yet ? That falling is scary stuff.Please take care. Turkersmom
  • so funny (well not so really)., but me and hubby call it "The Claw"...my right hand does the exact same thing! I went to neuro to see if it was related to migraines, but he was no help....how strange...I can't believe it! I have met my twin!!!
  • so funny (well not so really)., but me and hubby call it "The Claw"...my right hand does the exact same thing! I went to neuro to see if it was related to migraines, but he was no help....how strange...I can't believe it! I have met my twin!!!
  • I fell over the summer and can not explain why. I was walking over a brick ledge of a flower bed and as my body weight was going forward on the right leg, I am looking down in slow motion noticing my ankle is turning inward and all that weight coming down on the leg stub left exposed. Needless to say I went down hard even though I tried using my knees and elbows to block the fall. I could not move for about 5-10 mins due to the excruciating pain felt in both ankles. Little by little put weight back on them and iced for a few days. Nothing broken, slight sprain. Took a few weeks to get the pain to completely go away. I have also went to stand and had the numb leg effect and had to catch on to something to avoid falling. I am extra careful on the steps in the morning coming down them since my legs are a little funky feeling. Who knows what is going on with them, I have reported them to PM DR and my PCP but it doesn't seem to be a biggie so I will just continue being extra careful.
  • BPIH - yes - been there. I found that I had a bunch of issues at L3-L4 and lower, but I also have issues in the thoracic and Cervical. The burning and numbness, for myself, can be affected by loosening the muscles in the higher back.

As for the "claw", well, my hands, for the last year, has been locking into something that can only be called a "bird, with a bill, Like a hummingbird. Index,second and thumb all lock together into something that just cramps and becomes an ultimate pain.

I force my fingers apart, pushing against the table of chair or stuff. Once I do, and then shrug my shoulders and loosen again, it leaves.

I have just accepted it as part of my journey, to where, I do not know, but I will enjoy the scenery regardless.
  • I am so relieved that i am not going mad #:S , thankyou again >:D< >:D<
  • backpainishell said:
    I will try and explain this as easy as i can, without sounding contracdictory... :B recently the pain i have is getting worse day by day...i have sciatic pain radiating down my right leg :''( , but as i walk my leg has the sharp burning pain, but also feels heavy :S , then...along side this pain i get my leg gives way from the hip , but my leg goes lifeless , loss of feeling , but still having the pain #:S , if anyone has experienced this , i would appreciate any input...thankyou... >:D< i do hope this is not to confusing :/

Angie >:D<
    My leg goes out via hip and hurts like hell. My leg feels like it is completely asleep pins and needles. Doc just upped my meds and the sleeping part has almost completely gone. So this is from a huge (as my pm guy calls it) herniation at L4 and L5 and a bone spur. I have had two discectomie and I am now waiting for a Fusion surgery.

Feel better.

Angela
  • Hiya angela >:D< , My surgery has been years ago now, but since then i have a swelling to the right of the scar on my back :S , when this was checked out a while back, i was told its the size of an orange , its not life thretening :S . but its been called a few things, for example; tumor, fatty lump, collection of fliud (blood) it was not there before surgery, just appeared after. :?

Angie :H

Thankyou for youe input
  • Angie,

I have issues affecting C5-8, and as such the cramping/clawing of my right hand is constant. Most of mine midday to the end of the day. My thumb, index and middle fingers will cramp up first, and like was said (Centurian?) they do it folded straight like a beak of a bird. Sometimes the thumb just folds over my palm on its own. My piggy and ring fingers either cramp forward and straight, or they curl. Then the middle finger folds over on its own!

I am having this due to neuropathy and radicular affects. When it first started, it was only after I gripped something, now I can be handing a menu to my hubby in a restaurant and it happens! What hurts the most about it is when the cramping eases up, most of the bones in my hand hurt for hours! I have a new change in the last few days. If I stretch during a yawn, I cramp my ring and piggy fingers really tight, and now feel the pulling all the way up to my shoulder! Painful! No, you're not "going mad"... *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thankyou for your lovely post >:D< You descibe it really well. When this happens to my right hand, where is it reffering from?? my back or neck?? :? You mention about stretching, i have not been able to do that since i had discs removed , this is about 7 years now ~X( . I know i am getting worse day by day as i am in so much pain :(

Angie :H xx
advertisement