Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scs trial for ddd

backpainzzbbackpainzz Posts: 116
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Ive been reading alot on scs and I have read it will help eith the legs but not the backor visa versa. I can deal with the leg pain so can they make it so it only handles the low back pain, and what about the stiffness and aching from cold weather. I had my psy eval, now waiting for insurance approval. Do we have to pay any out of pocket, all my deductables have been met ...well over $200,000. in 4 laproscopy surgerys and one laperotomy (open) to find my small bowel was twisted and hidden behind the large decending intestine. 6 months of pur pain and hell not to mention I needed to set bent over to eas the pain on my lower back, but that hurt because my gut was swollen, god I was in missary. My pm also said he may try a pcs trial andy on had one of these? Thanks any help is appriciated. Rosemary

• Hello, I've only had my implant in since July, I have the St. Jude with paddles. I am imazed that it has covered my leg and back pain. Yesterday I was cooking, in and out of the oven, and my back started
    to really hurt. I just turned it up a couple of notches and laid down for a few minutes and that back pain went away. I have also noticed that once I turned it up that it is still comfortable at that level and even went to sleep last night for the first time with it stimulating at a higher setting. I don't know what this means, maybe I'm getting used to the higher settings. But I'm so glad that I made the choice of having the implant. I had been suffering with this pain since 04. The Spine Dr. told me that I was born with a very narrow spinal cord to begin with and at age 58 I was in more pain than I had ever had. (I have a high tolerance for pain, but this pain knocked me off of my feet. I had numerous injections, I was on some very strong drugs, of which I'm tired of so I kept after my PM until I was finally approved for the SCS. My trial was not bad and the date for the implant couldn't come soon enough for me. This was the best thing that could ever happened to me. Every one is different the trial is even different. So good luck with your choices. SLH
  • I had an SCS and it made my low back pain much worse. This can and does happen. Needless to say I turned the stimulation off on my back. It took 3 days for my pain to settle down. I also have DDD.
    Hope this does not happen to you.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W