Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Social Security ALJ hearing need help please

mcopilotmmcopilot Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Pain Management

I am writing this for a very good friend of mine. Due to his severe disabilities he is unable to type. He has a hearing in front of a ALJ in a couple of months and needs advice on what to excpect and if anyone has any stories of how there hearing went and when they received a decision please let us know.

• good luck to your friend i have to wait another 12-24 more months before i get my alj trial. if you have a lawyer they should beable to help you out .... wishing you luck and sucess! melody
  • may I ask what his issues are that he has applied for disability? I just went thru a hearing and won my case...found out about 3 weeks after my hearing. I can tell you a little bit, but would like to know his midical conditions.
  • also, if you look under the forum name "health insurance"...that is where most talk about social security issues...so check that forum and you may find answers.
  • Hello and thank you for your interests. My friend has a slew of health problems
    I will give you the brief: he had cervical disc fusion surgery on 2 disc that the doctors were treating him for four years for shoulder pain until a doctor got smart and disband MRI of his neck and found 3 pinched nerves. Because of this hebhas no use of his hands and his feet are just as bad. He also suffered from
    Guillan barre syndrome that has given him real bad peripheral neuropathy so he has chronic pain he needs to gontonthe bathroom upteen times a day he has burning tingle
    And loss of sensation in both arms and feet his doctor gave him
    An rfc that basically says he can not do anything
  • Sorry to read about your friend. He is mighty lucky to have a friend like you. I recently won my case after 3 years of waiting. The absolute best thing I did was find a lawyer that specialized in this issue
    and only this issue. He was also the type that didn't get pd til I did. Most importantly make sure everything is in writing and you are organized with your paper work, answer honestly and briefly, listen carefully to each question asked and for clarification if you don't understand, stay on the subject and don't wander with your answers, the judge I had was very busy, fortunately thier dr.seemed to really like me and thier job counselor just looked tired. Most importantly, hang in there friend but let your disabled friend answer and only him. In my state they allow people to be in the courtroom but my lawyer said absolutely not. This is your issue and only you can truly answer the questions Good Luck and stay focussed. little fish mamag
  • I guess I am really lucky. Got mine approved after about 6 months of applying.
    My private disability insurance company hired an "advocate" for me who did all the work. Other than filling out some forms and signing papers it was done. I can recommend the advocate if anyone is interested PM I hope I'm not breaking a rule I'm just offering some help.
    C3-4-5 fusion 2005
    C-5-T-1 disk bulged
    L-4-5 bulge to the right, with Microdiscectomy, failed
    L5- Bi-Lateral bulge
    Pain in right foot -loss of feeling
    Left butt, hip and front thigh pain with bad shooting pain into inside ankle sometimes
  • WOW I am so happy for my friend he was approved!!!! He received a call on monday from the attorneys office stating that the Baltimore payment center was calling to find out where to send the payments. We called and had to go the local office for identification. He was approved 3 weeks after his hearing. Now he can get the help he needs. I feel for all of you who have been throuh this nigthmare, but there is light past the tunnel.