Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to this forum...long time spiney

queenjillybeanqqueenjillybean Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello,
i am new to this forum, but have has spine issues since age 18 when i had my first surgery for 3 shattered discs...i was told at 18 that i had the spine of an 80 year old...
since then, i have run the gamut with 5 major spine surgeries, two of them were one year apart- i had an ALIF and PLIF with graft taken from right iliac crest in 2001 and in 2002 i had to have another PLIF with graft taken from left iliac crest... i have so much hardware that i set off metal detectors and must carry a card and wear a bracelet...i have also had 4 shoulder surgeries- but do not include my shoulder in my pain issues...it is irrelevant compared to my spine...
i have been on permanent PM since 2005...diagnosed with failed back...
i am a mommy of a 20 year old amazing young woman who is in college...married, animal fanatic...i have many fur children who make my life complete...i am self employed, and fortunate enough with technological advances, i have worked from home (my bed or couch) since 2005...i run my household and despite my situation, i REFUSE to allow my pain or my condition to define me... i still get frustrated with the whole Pain Management System, and the toll that the seekers and abusers have taken on something that is mandatory for my survival, as well as my fellow CP patients...I am about to do the trial for the SCS after years of procrastination, and i am always happy to share my experiences and learn from others...
advertisement

Comments

• Hi queenjillybean ( love that user name lol ).

LOVE your attitude :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Queenjillybean,

Welcome to Spine Health!! Sorry to hear you are such a spiney vet! My travels on this road started for me a month before I turned 23 (see below), 48 now. I found this site after my second cervical fusion, and is a true blessing of great folks!! I hope you find it to be one as well. Welcome aboard!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Welcome to Spine Health. I wish you the best for your SCS trial.

"C"