Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Intro---Which forum is right?

tg12345ttg12345 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
I was confused. I wasn't really looking for lower back PAIN forums, more just recovery from sacrum surgery forum. Can anyone explain better? -- Taylor

• First, hiya and welcome to the site. Lots of ppl are not always sure where to post. Reading what you have posted, sounds like you looking for the forum called.....

Recovering from Surgery
  • Welcome to the forum Taylor...yes it can be kind of confusing at first!! :) It happened to all of us!!

I look forward to getting to know you better!!!
  • Hi All, I am so happy that I found this site a few days ago! I'm 62 yr old female with spondylolisthesis (diagnosed approx. 15 yrs. ago but probably had since adolescence). I'm extremely active, but the back pain has gotten to the point that I want to try and "fix" it. Have decided to do spinal fusion, I think it's L5/S1 (surgery 2/7/11) but am totally freaked by the idea. I currently bicycle, hike, practice yoga, kayak, etc. and am worried about how quickly I will heal...and am hoping I DO heal well. I've read a few postings on spinal fusion but am still worried. Anybody have a GREAT experience (ok, that may be asking a little too much LOL!)
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a good place to learn the info you are looking for.. also to meet new friends!! good luck to you with your pain issues! Jenny :)
  • dear barb f. welcome to the forum!! so glad you stopped by.look around the "Back and Neck surgery forum" for some good stories!! there are some, believe me!! LOL!! if not there check out "Good News." i do hope if that is your decision, and you have gotten more than one opinion!!! that it is a complete success. with whatever your choices, good luck and stop by anytime! Jenny