Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sad day

snookiessnookie Posts: 359
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Matters of the Heart
there was a car accident yesterday involving my customers. They were in a head on collsion. 2 have passed away, one them I didn't know, yesterday was his first day. Another one is in critical condition. No one knows the cause of the crash yet, a friend of mine passed them minutes before it happened, and they wern't speeding. The highway conditions weren't good, blowing snow, ice, so I'm sure that was a factor. There boss was right behind them, I can't imagine what he is feeling, being there and not being able to do anything, the other vehicle was on top of the cab of there truck.

I've been one the phone, making calls to friends/ex coworkers, letting them know what happened. I hate making these phone calls. I've had to make too many of them lately. They were so young, so is my freind that's in the hospital.

I don't understand why some people are such careless drivers, my son and I were going down the highway last night, and a car turned right on to the highway right in front of me. slammed on the brakes, luckily there was no ice, no one in the next lane, we missed her by a few feet. it was so close. the extra seconds it takes to check instead of almost hitting someone or crashing, why don't people take the time?

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    There are few words ... few explanations ... Few emotions that can help with this loss.

Many years ago, a special friend wrote this to me ... its the best I can do at this time to maybe help you:

People come and people go,
    It happens everyday
    And though goodbyes a simple word,
    I find it hard to say.

And as I watch you leave me now,
    I'll try hard not to cry,
    This will not be the only time,
    I'll have to say goodbye.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Warmest Regards,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Snookie, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friends, and the other being in critical care. If you ever need to chat, you know where I am!! I hope that you don't have to make any other calls. Is there someone else who can do the rest if there's any left? I hope that this hasn't onset any more physical pain for you. Send me a message, if you need to chat.

APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Dave thanks so much.

Kelly, thank you. I've talked to all but one person now, waiting for him to call me back. I'm not looking forward to Monday, this is a small city, and the industry that I work in is pretty specialized so everyone knows everyone, and my office is where everyone always comes to.

This is the poem that has always helped me.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

Mary E. Frye
  • Sorry to hear there's so many killed when there's snow conditions. I wish people would slow down when the weather is bad. Honestly people are in such a rush to what get home? Watch sports? What's more important life or getting there on time. People need to leave earlier or not go at all. I tried to go to work during a sudden blizzard and my husband couldn't drive and had to wait for a bus that never showed up and drivers were going 60 miles an hour in the blizzard and one truck frustrated with a slow driver rode up on the sidewalk to pass him and almost hit me I went back home and wasn't able to get to work.

Prayers for you and their families Snookie life is too precious and there's too many accidents when the snow flies.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Very sorry that you are having to endure this. It never seems fair and it's something we never expect or can prepare for. Please gain strength from the rest of us. We are here for you and will be the shoulder to lean on when you need us.

We can help you to be strong by standing beside you through all of this.

• so sorry to hear of the tragedy of your friends.. your strength and hope and love will be a big benefit now.. it is so hard to loose people we know and care about, i am so sorry about that!! i hope your heart is filled with wonderful memories you can carry and share with others!! Jenny
  • Charry, I don't get it either. What is the rush? What is more important? I can't believe that that person went up on the sidewalk, thankfully he didn't hit you.

C, I always do draw strength from you all, I am so grateful for all of you! I am so thankful for this site, and you guys.

Jenny, thank you, I wil hold the memories close.

I am having a hard time with this one. There have been 4 funerals this year, these will make it 6. Too Many!! I think that I am still in shock. And I can't believe the one guy, it was his first day.

Thanks again to all of you. Tomorrow (Monday) will be bad, back to work, and everyone knew them, my work is the gathering place. I'll be leaning on you all then
  • Hi Snookie,
    I only joined tonight and this is my first post, but I felt I had to offer my condolences to those lost in the accident and those affected by it.
    Snookie Im not sure of what work you do, so all I will say is Im sure people will be very proud of you, for the way you have dealt with this upsetting incident, and will try to do their best by you. I guess when any workforce has a loss like this the first days schedule is bound to get out of kilter, as people want to talk, get their head around what has happened etc, and their mind isnt going to prioritize that there is still work that needs to be done. I hope that makes sense, I know what Im trying to say, but minds a whirl.
    Sending you a hug and positive vibes for you tomorrow on what I know is going to be a hard hard day. x

All the best
  • Megan, I am so sorry for this to happen, not something I would want to have to do. I do hope that your friend in the hospital has a speedy recovery. It gonna be hard knowing others passed and that person is alive, I have heard of ppl with guilt feeling about being a survivor, Hugs and peace.
  • Bethany, thank you, it made total sense.

bg, thanks, hugs. I hope you are feeling better today.

Well I had a slew more calls to make today. Suppliers, people I couldn't reach over the weekend. I wasn't even thinking of all of those calls on the weekend. I spent the morning doing that. People were in and out all day, coming in to talk about it.

I spoke to my friend, their boss, he was in the truck behind them. He came up an the accident, stopped to help not realizing who it was. He couldn't even tell by the truck until he looked in and saw them. I feel so bad for him, he sounded broken. All I could say was how sorry I was, that I can't imagine. I just couldn't find any words. I talked to 2 of the other coworkes as well(they were on a different job an hour away). Everyone still in shock I think, it's just so horrible.

The one in the hospital, they think he is going to make it. He is still on life support, but I am so glad that they think he is going to pull thru.

Thanks to all of you for your support, it means the world to me.
  • I hope with each day, the pain and sadness lightens. Keep strong, we're here for you to lean on. Big hugs, wish I was closer to give you real ones!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own