Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How How How????

spinethoracicspinethoracic Posts: 70
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
First of all Merry Christmas to all of you!!! I must share litlle story from this evening with my thoracic family :)Till now i stayed with my friends at caffe bar. And after 2 hr of sitting the pain was so intense that i couldnt function normal any more! Its so frustrating to tell your friends, sorry i go home because i have bad back pain. Cmon life,im only 25 ?!?!??? so i dont know how to function any more with people,this pain realy change your whole life...do you also sometimes feel like this? I realy hope that one day, sun will shine for us...sorry for bad grammar :)

• I'm very sorry that you are having such bad pain and can't totally enjoy the holidays with friends and family, especially at only 25 years old. I too just try to make it through and then I pay for whatever I do the next day. I have pain management but meds don't seem to work well anymore and that's frustrating, even when I'm off them for a couple of weeks and start back I get not much pain control. I'm currently slated for my 4th neck surgery to add C6/7 to my current fusions. I have a tremendous amount of thoracic pain, but my ortho-spine surgeon won't address this yet.

I too hope that we all get pain free and can function as normal folks again. I stay depressed all the time, but hide it from most everyone.

Happy holidays and I guess try and focus on the enjoyment of your company to make it through. Hugs.
  • I know exactly what you mean...We try to go about a bit of normal living and it takes such a huge toll on our bodies and makes the pain worse..

I pray that 2011 is better for us all.
  • I think we can all relate. How sad is that? We had the Christmas party at my house this year. Bad idea! All the cooking and cleaning. I am just now getting the pain back under control.

SpineThoracic- Sorry you had such a bad Christmas. Hopefully 2011 will prove to be a better year for you :O)

Candle- Keep at your Ortho. He/she may be waiting for the cervical spine to be finished with it's repairs. I know my Neuro's PA didn't want to believe me, but one quick call from my PM doctor and I had my Thoracic MRI and they stopped treating my neck and started treating the T-spine. Also maybe you can change your pain meds. I know it is a pain in the butt to go through a med change but maybe it will help?

Anelsen- Sorry >:D< I couldn't sleep on Christmas eve due to the pain- it was terrible and then Christmas I was up with a bunch of "happy dinkers" smiling and laughing pretending I was okay.... I wanted to cry but I didn't. Finally around midnite I layed on the couch grimacing and my neighbor started herding everyone out for me.

Shelly- Well said! "Normal living" is a good way to put it. I hardly ever post on here any more since I have been having so many more issues using my arms & hands(feet & legs are much worse as well BTW).

I keep thinking I will start getting better but I just keep getting worse.

Staying positive for 2011 though <:P it helps.

I hope you all feel better soon and have wonderful year. If nothing else I wish you Peace >:D<

• I couldn't have addressed this any better! =D>

I, too, am hoping that 2011 will bring us all... much better pain relief.

Battling thoracic pain is exhausting, as you all know. When we overdo ourselves, the pain and exhaustion is torture.

I haven't been able to post much, due to my tailbone feeling like it's going to pop out of... well... that stereotyped "plumbers" area. I'm due to have more nerve blocks and injections for the chronic pain, however, I need to wait until our new insurance kicks in in 90 days.

I wish you all, less radiating thoracic pain. Take it easy and do your best to listen to your body. If it gets to be too much, and you have exhausted all of your aids you use at home... take a trip to the ER. I had to do this a couple of months ago and it was worth the wait to get my spasms and extreme pain under control.

Hugs to all,

Tammy :H
  • i wish you happy new year!!! hope we will found some kind of relief in 2011...all the best :)
  • Sometimes...okay, pretty much all of the time, it feels as though 2010 has been one of the worst years and/or times for so many of us... I've been in some kind of weird pain spiral since before Thanksgiving and nothing I do seems to help.

I know it is affecting my family as I'm not able to do the things in the house when I get home from work, that I used to do.
    It is also having such a negative effect on my ability to "put up with others" that I try to not even sit with my family if it's very bad because I know I'm going to be evil :(

I've been reading about a practice located at a hospital not too far from me- of course the write up always sounds like they want to help and surgery is a last resort (a must for me as there's no way for me to do that now) so, I'm going to try one more time. I'm hoping they can help- maybe some new kind of PT that will actually help me hurt less when I move. I'd rather not go to stronger meds but, if there's something I could take when I get home to give me even a little relief it would be awesome. I can deal with the bad at work if I know I could feel a bit less of it later.

I'm at the point where if I'm standing I've got about a minute, maybe two before my back starts to give out- and I start to fall... it has been making elevator rides at work rather embarrassing, not to mention new bosses that don't yet know I can't stand around while they fuss with garbage on their desk and make me stand there waiting ~X( Is it some moronic thing they teach in MPA school??? *sigh*

I broke the charger on my netbook :( I still can't sit on the chair at the desk in my room for long, so the pc has been a bit ignored... even here I've been kind of ignoring.... wondering if being so focused on pain and back problems was making it worse.

So here's my wish for 2011. Less pain. Less pain. More ability. Less pain. Less agro.... and oh yeah, maybe a bit less pain.

Happy New Year( I hope)

• I know exactly how you feel.. I am 26 and I have been dealing with my back problems since I was 24.. My friends are always inviting me to do thing but I always have to say no or if I can go I have to make sure my hisband is with me and we have a hotel room close by that way when I start hurting I can get somewhere quickly to take my meds and lay down.. My husband and I had our 6th anniversary this past weekend and we have always wanted to pack a suitcase and go to the airport and just fly somewhere randomso he was going to do that but I ended up with spinal injections Thursday so I wasn't able to do anything like that... I hate having to sit at home all the time like I'm broke forever... I've already had my fusion on T5-T6.. I thought I would be up and back to normal by now.. Not even close.. I know that no one understand why I have to be so careful and hurt so much..I wish I could explain it better to them but I have given up after all this time.. I hope you get to feeling better soon.. I'm hoping my spinal cord stimulator that I will be getting soon will change all this for me..