Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I do not believe my luck

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 969
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Alternative Treatments
hiya, i do not believe my luck! Some of you who know me, know i had flu before christmas, then i had pneaumonia, i was just over that when i got a sickness bug (for about a week after that i felt weak)then christmas day comes i am ill again, started with a sore throat, then dizzyness, headaches then acheing all over. I was getting worse so last thursday i went to the doctors(she did give me a good examination) she said when i had the sickness bug, it left a bacteria in my throat that had just got worse over a week, she said there is puss in the back of my throat, so she gave me penacillin 2x 4 a day for 10 days. I started crying to her i then admitted i feel low. I just cant understand why i can not pick up since i had flu, and i am picking up everything. I have to go back in 10 days so she can give me another check-up. when i was working i used to come into contact with all sorts of things and never picked up anything. Thanks for listening, just needed to vent, sorry fellow spineys.

Angie xx

• Sorry to hear Angie. But hope now you're immune to everything and it's the best year ahead for you. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • ~X( I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better..Though I can offer a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent at and someone who really understands what your going thru..

Always remember that all of us "Spiney" friends are always here for you.xx

PM anytime you like.xx

• I really hope that today you are feeling much better.

Let's hope that 2011 will bring better health and improvement in your spine problems and pains.

Leave the old year behind you and look forward to a brighter future. >:D<
  • i hope this is the last of it for you, when its one thing after another on top of spinal probs it does get too much

hopefully your immune system will now start to build back up, do you take vitamin c?

• Hiya all , thankyou so much for listening to me go on :? . Hospital rang and they want me to have facet joint injections, but i can not because im still taking penacillin ~X( They wanted me in before christmas but my PM doctor would not do them as i had flu ~X( I said to my daughter is someone trying to tell me somthing, because every time they want me in somthing has happened to stop me(sorry guys im just a superstitious girl) excuse spelling :S

Angie :D
  • ya gotta wonder, dont ya, but your dr has your best interests at heart not letting you have it with the flu
    hang in there
  • Oh Angie, I so know what it's like. I had a year like that, a couple of years ago. It was just one thing after another. I think that once our immune systems are down, we're more susceptible to anything that's going around. And now that we're mostly in our own homes, with not much contact with other people and their colds and illnesses, our immune systems are lower because of that.

I so hope for you that the penicillin works quickly, and you feel better soon!! Get lots of rest and take care of yourself!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own