Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to forum, Need MRI help

scocamhuntsscocamhunt Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello to everyone! I hope someone can give me some input/advice.

In 2005 I injured my neck when my truck hit and IED in Iraq. Since then I have been suffering from pain and it has progressed into weakness in my arms and tingling that comes and goes. I am still active duty but stopped jumping out of planes last year.

I have had three MRI's which have shown bulging discs and DDD. I have done physical therapy, traction and just recieved my second steriod injection. I am now being referred to a neurosurgeon for the 3 time. The last two are the Drs. who prescribed the above treatments (with no success).
Anyway, I showed my pain doc today my latest MRI and he thinks the Nuerosurgeon will most likely recommend surgery. Here is the report (abbreviated version).

c4-c5: Broad based posterior osteophyte disk complex with a right paracentral component indenting the ventral sac and cord. No significant neural foraminal narrowing is noted.

c6-c7: Same as c4-c5

So if anyone can help interpret this it would be great. Any if anyone is fimiliar with surgical info that would be excellent as well.

Thanks for your time!

• BTW I am a 34 year old male.
  • I had ACDF surgery about 2 1/2 weeks ago. That's anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. What the surgeons I saw, they indicated if there is compression/pressure on the spinal chord it is time to consider surgery. My problem was degenerative not from injury. I had tried chiropractor, PT, meds and steroid shots over the years.

This site has a lot of helpful information.Best of luck to you and thank you for serving.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.