Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tonights fun may be tomorrows regret but who cares!!!

michellemmichelle Posts: 197
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
Ya know sometimes you have to just give pain the finger and try to live a normal life now and then. I went to a bachelorette party tonight where we went pole dance lessons and I just took extra meds and had a blast. It's been a long time that I have done something like that and I don't care what hell I'll pay in the morning. .... Yet. So chronic pain tonight you can kiss my @$$ cause I get at least a break every once in awhile . Am I right? :)

• OMG.. =)) That was just too funny!
    You are right though......tonight!!
  • Hehehe.... Don't even think about what tomorrow may bring. Just enjoy that ear to ear smile you're wearing now!! Sounds like it was a blast!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sometimes you just have to have those mentalHealth days ---Have fun,but be careful.LOL.
  • Well I was correct in my assumption . But I still had fun so I guess my only regret is that I didn't try to go upside down. Seriously how do those strippers do it? Looks like ill be hanging out with my friends the pain meds today. Stupid body hangovers from a good time. :)
  • Amen sister,,,,,, My only regret is i did not get to see it. Damn it,,, As crazy as the pole dancing sounds and that is why i joke about it in chat, It was actualy on the dr"s show how pole dancing is a good work out and healthy. Well probably healty for the relationship if it keeps the man interested also.

When the body lets you do it you just have to do it without spending a lifetime worry about you might over do it. I think many of us have to some degree have become mentaly disabled with such severe pain leaving emotional scar being afraid to do anything even when some days we are able in such worry about agrivating the pain more when sometimes it just hapens no mater what. Or more so by not doing anything..
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Good attitude, and yeah, you'll pay later. But you still have to have a life and hang with your friends and get crazy sometimes.

Now that said, and I'm sure Alex will agree. These types of threads are worthless without pictures :-) LOL
  • Alex, Graham,

You guys are such men!!! Pictures, hehehehe Why am I NOT surprised! (G)

• The top picture? I do that every morning to start my stretching routine :D lol
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Me too.. it's the only thing that helps w/my neck pain.
  • nothin' like a little inversion to decompress the spine, eh? ;) hehe
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Hahahaha wow wouldnt the flexicore people love to use me as a poster child for their stupid disc if that were true. If they didn't put too large a disc in the first place I might have a shot . Hell yeah Alex , I completely agree that we have become slaves to the pain that's why I figure if I don't hear cracking and I have the time and drugs to deal with the consequences then why the heck not ? So I took my 11month old to swim in the pool and float with me . That helped . However the life of a spiney is always varied . One day your learning to pole /chair dance against your better judgement then today another sedentary activity.... I wanna be an extreme couponer !!!! Have you seen that show ? I've found my new game To keep my mind off the pain.... How to beat the system for free!!!! Who's with me? Then in celebration we can go get Alex and Robin up on the burlesque stage. Hahahah how fun.... :)
  • Okay, I'm officially jealous of the top pole dance picture. I miss the flexibility!! Rofla! :))( =)) :P

• that looks dangerous for us male spinneys. and the pole dose too :$ :D
  • I remember not long ago I had a pole in my basement. It's taken apart and put on a shelf now. I really miss it. It was fun and made me feel sexy, even if I'm not. It's one of the many things I've given up due to chronic pain.
  • Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ye baby! Flex that core! Spiney girls gone wild, Once you go spiney, you never go back! Git- ir- done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Ride that cowboy !!!! Yee-haw!!!! Ummmm. ... Yup spiney gimpy contortions are our specialty right girls? Hee hee :)
This discussion has been closed.