Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe hip pain related to stenosis and herniation of disc

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You've found a great place for information, and the members of this forum are very friendly, knowledgeable and supportive.

I also had surgery for stenosis and like you, beforehand only found relief by bending forward, sitting or squatting (yes, sometimes on the golf course myself).

You were put on a pretty fast track to surgery, so I'm hoping that means no permanent nerve damage.

I can tell you from my experience, even though I had a fusion at L4/5 - a different surgery, that it got worse before it got better. The nerves tend to get a little ticked off and can really hit you hard sometimes. During my recovery, I had days where I had to have a walker to get from place to place, worse than I was pre-op.

But at about 6 months, I started to feel better and now after a year out, I'm definitely better and living a relatively normal life. I'm back to work and all that comes with it.

I was also golfing six months after surgery thanks to my surgeon asking my PT to teach me a swing that wouldn't break or harm the hardware in my back.

I'm beginning to have some mechanical pain now in the levels above and below my fusion, but I'm also very active and have to rest now and again to get it to settle down.

Anyway, I'm paying attention to your thread and would love to hear updates on your progress and how you're handling it psychologically and emotionally. It's a rollercoaster ride and can be difficult, but if you measure your recovery in weeks, not days, then I think and hope you'll be happy with your improvment.

Take care,
    Cathie