Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Came up with a new idea to stop smoking. Someone want to try it?

ShermanSmithSShermanSmith Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Stop Smoking
I had this idea earlier this week. Basically the idea is to trick your brain into associating smoking with something gross, you'll eventually associate smoking with being gross and not want to smoke anymore.

To do this, I had the idea of dipping the cigarette in something gross (but edible) like pickle juice. Force yourself to smoke the whole thing, and force yourself to do this for six to ten cigarettes (or until you really really can't stand smoking anymore!!)

Any takers?

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    You go first and let me know how it goes.... :)

• yeah, you go first, it's like hot peppers to quit bitting your nails..it works for a while.Clogged arteries stopped me,the caroid ones,in my neck*
  • Hello,
    I think there is one solution for stop smoking which is Electronic cigarettes because of this our environment and health of human has not damaged...
  • Hi,
    I like the method told by Sherman but i want to ask have you ever tried this method??please share your experience with us then we will also try? and what are electronic cigarettes, can anyone explain this???
  • I dont think you can fool your brain enough to stop smoking, they are many other options to stop smoking i use to be a smoker my self and my power of will was strongrt than my addiction and now im really happy about it i have not smoke for more than a year
  • the electric cigarette vaporizes liquid into mist. the mist is what appears to be smoke. i tried them, and they were better than nothing. i am quitting in a week for my fusion. the best way for me is cold turkey. ugh, help@
  • Nice idea. Electronic cigarettes and legal smoking blends are also potent substitute of traditional smoking products.
  • That's a great idea,it makes me wanna dip the butt in my husband's chew...that stuff grosses me out big time..or put the nail biting stop stuff where your lips go on the butt,so you get that lasty bitter taste on your mouth...I was recently diagnosed with C.O.P.D. and I neeeeed to quit ASAP!! I'M NOT EVEN 38 YET...I'm desperately looking for ways to quit..I have tried patches and the gum,I'm very desperate
    Lori tesdahl jones
  • First, thank you for this advice. I am an active smoker for six years now. Every day, I consumed 2 to 3 packs of cigarettes. Yeah, too bad, right? I want to stop this before it is too late, but I always give in to the crave of smoke. I go nuts if can’t puff one even in just an hour. That is why I am searching for help right now. Thank you for this idea anyway. I will try this one and hoping that I can escape this problem once and for all.
    "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."