Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my bad back tina coyle

tina coylettina coyle Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
HI ny name is Tina
in May 07 nov o7 i had ac3c4c5c6 fushion i have spinal cord dammage witch thay call sdondyloti cervical myelopathy this effects my walking and my hands my neck amd my bledder and i am aiways in pain i have good days and bad more bad lattley i also have scoliosis witch is more pain.
i am on a lot of meds but i have a 12yr old and he keeps me goin i try to show him no matter what life puts your way you gotta take the good with the bad.
I really injoy the chats i have made some new friends and every one is so nice and understanding.

• I have enjoyed chatting with you Tina! Thanks for your support with this journey.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I have enjoyed chatting with you as well, Tina! :-)

• Thanks for your chats too its good to chat to someone who knows what i am going through
  • I haven't met you yet, so welcome to Spine Health! :H

I'm sorry to hear that you are still left with pain after your 3 level cervical fusion. Do you know how long you were suffering with cord compression before your surgery?

I have been diagnosed with cord compression at C3/4 and C4/5 although some of the tests to see if I have myelopathy were negative. I do have some that are positive, but the neurosurgeon want to treat conservatively at the moment and see me in 6 months (3 months to go) to check how I am doing.

I am worried that I might end up with permanent nerve or cord damage, and wonder what the chances of this happening are.

Also, did you have scoliosis as a teenager, or is it degenerative?

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
    This is a great place for support through difficult days.

• Hi Tina,
    It's been great chatting with you too! I have really grown to love this site. Having had 2 surgeries this year has been tough on the body and rehab. It is great talking to folks who have been thru similar surgeries.
    take care,